Bitdefender Total Security - Memory Leak!

Hello,

After the last update (~end of November 2021) which required a restart, I've noticed that the amount of memory used by the process bdservicehost continuously rises by a couple of megabytes every minute. To give a concrete example: at Windows startup, bdservicehost is at about 540 MB, in a few hours it's already at more than 1 GB and continues to eat more of the memory non-stop. It goes without saying that the issue impacts the computer's performance, and I'm not happy. Assistance (not asking me to jump through hoops) will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I'm sure the issue started after the update, because I'm frequently monitoring the resources usage on my machine and have never seen it before.

System: Windows 8.1, Intel Core i7-4700HQ, 8 GB RAM

Answers

• Hello @SKrow ,

Thanks for sharing this. Sounds like a tech issue, so probably best suggestion would be to contact Support team https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/, which will most likely require logs.

I assume both the OS and Bitdefender Total Security are up to date, right?

Stay safe,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB