Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antivirus for Mac Error -2010

Options

I got this error message when updating my Antivirus for Mac: Threat information update failed. Update encountered an error (error code: -2010) Please check your internet connection and try again.

I went to the help page and I tried to fix the problem per instructions about going into DNS and adding new Servers. I entered the new numbers then shut down my computer. I tried again to update it and got the same error code -2010. It was also suggested I download a new copy of the software but I'm not sure how to do that. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• hello!

Having same problem. Also followed instructions for DNS and there is no firewall enabled on my mac.

I'd like to know how to avoid error -2010 as well. Is the solution to reinstall by uninstalling bitdefender and install it again?

Thanks.

• I have the same problem. Now going to reinstall the product. I'll let you know, if this will solve the problem.

1. Uninstalled using the Bitdefender Uninstall APP
    2. Reinstalled via Bitdefender Central
    3. update now works under macOS 15.2

• Uninstalling and reinstalling helped me anyway. It's the best solution. Do it from your account page and choose "installing a new device" and then you get the opportunity to "instal on this device". Than you have to deinstall first. They guide you through the proces. Good luck.

• Reinstalling Bitdefender worked for me, too!

1. Install macOS Monterey 12.1 (or the latest macOS) first.
    2. Go to Finder > Applications
    3. Search for the Bitdefender folder
    4. Run BitdefenderUninstaller
    5. Reinstall Bitdefender via Bitdefender Central > Add Device
    6. Choose Security > This Device
    7. Check if there are any updates in Antivirus for Mac

Good luck!