Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Bitdefender Total Security build 26.0.7.36 (BDTS) missed to detect 2 (two) trojan viruses?

Gjoksi
Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
The last two days my laptop became very slow, on Google Chrome i got an extension called "wRankBook" that i just couldn't uninstall and on Google Chrome i was redirected to some pages i have never visited. Then i thought my laptop could be infected. So, i did a Quick Scan, Full System Scan and Custom System Scan with BDTS. And in all 3 scans, BDTS found no threats, meaning that my laptop was virus free. Next, i did a scan with Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2020 version 20.0.10.0 (KVRT) and KVRT found 2 (two) viruses: 1. MEM:Trojan.Win32.Agent.gen (located in System Memory) and 2. HEUR.Trojan.MSIL.Kryptik.gen (located in drive C). Really, really disappointed!

Best Answer

• Mike_BD
    Mike_BD admin
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓

Hello @Gjoksi79_ and thanks for sharing this in our Community!

This is a valuable piece of information which will help us fight cybercrime and help other users of Bitdefender. I'll share it with the malware research team, with whom you already talked and submitted logs. I will check with tech support and get back to you.

Stay safe,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

Answers

• jsomers
    jsomers Ads Popping Up

I have ads popping up all over the place even when I log into secure 2-step authentication. I think Bitdefender is overrated. I need a better program.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

@jsomers ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forums. This is a three-year-old topic, and your post does not relate to the original post.

Bitdefender is not an adware blocker. Personally, I use uBlock Origin, but there are plenty of other products for blocking ads and popups. "Mr. Google" is your best friend.

Good luck, and have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor