Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Real time protection off on windows 11

Options

Hi, can you help me, I bought a bitdefender total security but on my windows it appears that real-time protection is off, and it won let me change it

Best Answer

• Math_Matei
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you using other security solutions other than Bitdefender?

I use all BitDefender Total Security on Windows 11 and I do not have such problems!

My advice is, in case you have other other installed security solutions, give up, uninstalling them and letting your Bitdefender doing their job!

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The answer to your question is highlighted here:

Also, here is a good explenation why it is a bad idea using two AV solutions at the same time:

"Every antivirus has many features which can be broadly categorized into two parts - On demand features and On access (real time) features.

On demand features needs user actions to start/stop it's working. Whereas real time features such as real time file scanning, or automatic memory scanning are always running in the system.

If you use two antivirus software with all real time features enabled, the similar features from both antivirus software will conflict with each other and may not work properly resulting into a very bad user experience. Also these real time features will consume lot of memory and will slow down your system drastically.

By disabling the real time features from one of the software, one can use only on demand features such as initiating full system scan manually. However for general public, it is very tedious task with very low success rate.

Hence it's a bad and painful idea to use two antivirus software at the same time."