Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BitDefender without a subscription?

Hi all,

I have a Bitdefender Premium Security subscription,

I have installed it on my own devices and on a PC at a family member.

All are logged in with my account, so I see them on central.bitdefender.com 👍

I have also sent a link to another family member, but I didn't tell him what to do, so off course he created a new personal account.

He is using a Macbook.

I was surprised he could do anything without my login, so now my question is:

Why should he use my license?

What can he do with my license that he can't do with his personal account, that is not registered with a subscription?

I have installed it on ALL my devices, so I can't just test it. 

Kind regards

Jan

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

To use Bitdefender on his Macbook, he needs to activate the product with valid license subscription, your subscription.

To do that, he needs to have your subscription details: e-mail and password. So, if you didn't give him the details, than it is impossible to use the product on his Macbook. But, if you somehow gave him your subscription details (e-mail and pasword) and he activated the product with those details, in that case his Macbook device will be connected to your Bitdefender Central account.

Also, you wrote: "I was surprised he could do anything without my login". What exactly do you mean by that? I'm kind of confused.

Let's put it this way: I have a valid subscription (license) for Bitdefender Total Security for 10 (ten) devices. I gave my brother my subscription details (e-mail and password) and he used them to register Bitdefender Total Security on his Acer laptop and Bitdefender Mobile Security on his Lenovo Tab 2. BUT, his 2 devices are connected to my Bitdefender Central account, because like i already said he used my subscription details for activating the Bitdefender products. He can create his own personal Bitdefender Central account, but if he connects those 2 devices to his account, he will lose the valid subscription (my subscription) for the 2 Bitdefender products. Also, i fully control his 2 devices via my Bitdefender Central account. If i choose to remove them from my Bitdefender Central account, he will lose the valid subscription (my subscription) for them.

At last, we need an answer on these questions: Did you give your family member your subscription details (e-mail and password) and can you see his Macbook device in your Bitdefender Central account.

Also, @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD can take a look here and help you, since they both work at Bitdefender and have full access to your subscription and your Bitdefender Central account.

Regards.

• Hello @Mudderkage,

Bitdefender cannot be used without a valid subscription or a trial license. If the family member you have mentioned created their own Central account, this means that their devices are not connected to your account. The Central account provides the feature to switch between accounts and the product will draw its validity and will adjust the configuration according to the Central account linked with it. You can find more information on the switch account feature by visiting the link below:

To better understand the context, I have a few questions: did the family member use the link you have sent to cover their device and what steps have they followed during the process? Do you know the name of their device and is it displayed in the "My devices" tab of your Central account?

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user