Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How to disable notification for Bitdefender Total Security ?

Options

I am constantly receiving notifications for "Malicious behavior blocked" on my PC (around 400 in half hour) and it is very annoying to me when I am working on my PC because these notifications will deactivate my selected app (Word) and will activate the notification window. So continuously, I have to click on my word file to work.

Please help me to resolve this situation. I tried to disable all the notifications from the setting, but nothing is working.

Best Answer

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello.

Everytime a threat is detected, you will get a notification in the lower right corner of your screen and you can't disable those notifications.

But, since your device could be infected, it is adviced to follow the steps beyond.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, create a log file on your Windows device using BDsysLog, by following these steps:

Now, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail here (scroll down to the bottom of the page):

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the malware research engineers and support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screeshot(s) and the log files will help them a lot for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @hardik993,

400 notifications is a lot.. Are these notifications triggered by the same application/website? Did you notice any pattern? I have noticed you have sent the logs to our engineers, kindly wait for their response and keep us updated as well, if possible, as I must say this is rather unusual and we would like to find out what the outcome is.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• hardik993
    Options

Hello @Alexandru_BD,

Yes, all the notifications are triggered by AdvancedWindowsManager.exe file. I receive the notification called "Malicious Behavior Blocked" like every 10 sec. Even if i press the cancel on these notifications, it will pop up and will not go.

Thanks

• PaulR
    edited May 2022
    Options

I have the exact same problem since yesterday and it's impossible to work as it deactivates my selected app too

Same process and notification

• hardik993
    Options

Hi PaulR,

For me, I deleted the AdvancedWindowsManager.exe (folder) from my C drive in Program Files (x86) and then restarted my PC. Now it is working fine without any notifications. Hopefully, same works for you too

Regards,

• PaulR
    Options

It seems to be working, thanks!

Looking it up on internet it's not clear if AdvancedWindowsManager.exe is a virus or not...

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

May I kindly ask you to provide us with a BDsysLog? This is a malware analysis tool created by Bitdefender Labs that can provide more information to our engineers so that they can start an investigation.

You can find the steps on how to generate a BDsys log in the article below:

You may attach the bdsyslog.zip archive here and I'll pass it to our malware researchers for analysis. I suspect a false positive detection.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user