The story behind the new Bitdefender Support Center

Alexandru_BD
Alexandru_BD admin
edited August 2022 in News & Blogs

The first half of 2022 was a busy period for our teams, with new products and services emerging one after another in the continuous journey of development, reaching new heights in cybersecurity, innovation, user experience and data protection. In just six months, Password Manager, Antivirus Free for Windows, Identity Theft Protection, Ultimate Security and Safety Check were launched, culminating with a brand new website design and adding the relaunch of this Community.

We have always pledged to continually grow to offer our users bigger and better support for the product lineup. A valued provider must always strive to provide its customers an unparalleled level of fast and accurate support. Because a successful business has a lot to do with good communication and a commitment to excellence when offering support.

The Support Center is a place where Bitdefender users can find answers in a timely manner and combined with the Expert Community, it enhances the user experience by expanding the concept of assistance in multiple ways. Whether you prefer self-service, wish to get in touch with a Bitdefender representative or join the fantastic community, there is something for everyone in the Center. And the good news is that its appearance, function, and content have just been redesigned to provide the ultimate support experience.

Going forward, we’re giving you an insight into the making of the Support Center and its new features!

The project team assigned with the task was composed of 25 people working in various departments in Bitdefender, such as Consumer Support, Research and Development, UX and Design, SEO and also included technical writers, content creators and cross team members.

It all starts with a question. Why do it?

It’s important to analyze user needs and pain points when you have a customer-centric mission. The goal is to provide a good customer experience across all Bitdefender ecosystems. The analysis revealed we need to step up our game and rethink the way our users can really take advantage of the valuable content the Support Center has to offer - a comprehensive knowledge base that contained hundreds of articles and instructions.

The assessment led to the main objective: Provide users with quick access to the right content.

With this phrase in mind, the team players rolled their sleeves and started to redefine the way we offer support to our customers. A true centralization was achieved and new ways to obtain faster solutions for solving common problems were developed from scratch.

What are the improvements?

Simplicity is key and there is more than just a fresh look here. We have created intuitive structured content based on topics of interest. Navigation was improved considerably, allowing visitors to better interact with the page and easily find what they are looking for. A mobile-friendly website, responsive on all devices, for a complete user experience. The new Support Center offers improved relevance in search results, auto-suggested articles when typing, and also the possibility to use filters by-product, OS, and category. Furthermore, new dedicated pages for user guides, and video tutorials were created and there is also a region switcher to engage with the content in the language the user is most comfortable.

I like the fact that everything is where you expect it to be. The layout is very intuitive and helps minimize the search effort. It has a structure that follows logic and enhances the user experience. I find the simplicity of the menu most efficient, as you are not distracted by pop-ups, lots of pictures or a wide range of colors, but the page follows a clear line of design, expanding subcategories once you've selected a main category. I believe it's a thoughtful example of putting the customer first, by offering extensive support materials in a friendly manner. This is yet another proof that customer experience is and always will be our top priority. Whenever I see this, I remember the times when I had a real problem with a service provider and I couldn't even find a contact number on their website..

My special thanks go to all my dedicated colleagues for their efforts, contribution and customer-oriented mindset that stands at the core of everything we do here.

What's your opinion about the refreshed Support Center? Let us know in the comments below.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited July 2022

Just WOW 😎

A much needed change was required and slowly and steadily bitdefender did it.

A completely newly redesigned support section that catches the view on first look.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• ⓘ Tip: Now you can click the menu in the top right corner of each KB-article to view available translations and access a particular localization:

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user