Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Online Threat Prevention: Suspicious Connection Blocked On Chrome. Any Help?

Options

HI

Constantly getting bombarded with the suspicious connection blocked on chrome

Online Threat Prevention

chrome.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to a.unscart.in. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since the used certificate was issued for a different web address than the targeted one.

Could any guide on how to get rid of this

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

In addition to the above instructions, you can check the below article for more context regarding the "suspicious connection blocked" notifications:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2471/

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I did that and it seems to be working, but there has GOT to be a better way.

I cannot imagine a valid reason for not having a specific toggle setting just for the "suspicious connection blocked" notification. We should not have to do other, seemingly unrelated things, just to address this single item. Please address this with the product development team.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @PanteraAtrox and welcome to the Community!

There is an ongoing review process for the notifications and our developers are looking for ways to streamline the pop-up messages and warnings, especially the ones that are stealing focus, to further improve the manner in which the product communicates with the user.

We are making progress with this type of notifications and a proposal to implement a throttling mechanism specific for these type of pop-ups from encrypted web scan has been recently pushed forward by the product managers.

It is essential to continue to log events for each incident, but limit the amount of pop-ups that get displayed, regardless of what's being blocked. The actual problem, as reported by many users, is that these notifications interrupt user activity and steal focus by being too frequent, since a pop up is triggered for every dangerous connection attempt, which can happen continuously.

I have brought this into the attention of our developers and provided countless detailed examples from the community. This is now being addressed with high priority and I trust they will find a suitable solution in a timely manner.

Thank you for your understanding.

• I have the same issue which explains intermittent failures with my business google access. Reviewed several threads here but I don't see what causes the problem or how to prevent it. Google is a big company...I'd be surprised if they don't understand how certificates work.

Critical error notification:

"chrome.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an untrusted certificate to docs.google.com. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since untrusted certificates are issued by unrecognized Certificate Authorities."

What's the cause and what's the solution?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Tron57,

I agree with you, I don't think there is an actual issue with this certificate. Sometimes, websites are using certificates with another name than the domain used by the website and this may also trigger the notification. It seems it's a very common practice now.

As a workaround, you can add an exception for the website in Bitdefender - Protection - Online Threat Prevention - Manage Exceptions, or, from the same area (Online Threat Prevention) - disable the Encrypted Web Scan feature which scans for the certificates of websites (not a recommended action). This should supress the notifications. However, to permanently fix this, I would recommend contacting our Technical Support Teams for guidance.

You can get in touch with them using the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Regards

• Thanks Alexandru_BD. I'm always reluctant to make an exception but as long as this looks legit, I'll do that for now and let the tech support team know it's an issue.