Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

VPN won't connect and no error message is displayed

Options

I recently purchased a new laptop and installed Bitdefender VPN. When I connect to the VPN, it will show "Connecting" for a few seconds then goes back to "Turn On to Secure your Connection". What is the problem?

Best Answer

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Juan Carlos Quinto and welcome to the Community!

There are a few general causes for connection errors encountered by Bitdefender VPN:

• You are not connected to the Internet and can’t access the Internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable. Make sure you have Internet access before using Bitdefender VPN.
    • A strictly configured firewall is preventing VPN connectivity (e.g. 3rd party firewall software, router’s built-in firewall). If you are not sure if your router comes with a dedicated firewall or how to turn it off please refer to its manual, contact the manufacturer or your ISP.
    • Another VPN or Proxy is running when you try to connect. In this case, disable the other VPN/Proxy solution.
    • You’re on a public Wi-Fi such as work, school, airport, etc. which may have blocked the ports required by Bitdefender VPN. You need to contact the network administrator to try and change their firewall settings.
    • The port used for the VPN connection is closed. Depending on the device you’re currently using, the port 443 UDP must be open.

Check the below article for troubleshooting steps and let us know how it goes:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/11311/

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Juan Carlos Quinto

If the instructions from @Alexandru_BD didn't help you solve the issue, then follow the next instructions:

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

and

create a connectivity log file, by following these steps:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/9689/

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/91918/bitdefender-websites-and-bitdefender-consumer-support-contacts

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• Thank you for your answers. I opened the link to the Troubleshooting guide. I uninstalled the VPN and then reinstalled it. It now works.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Juan Carlos Quinto

Thank you for following up, we're glad to hear the information was helpful.

Have a good day!

• JRen
    Options

I have the same problem. Reinstalling did NOT solve the problem. Logging out and back in did NOT solve the problem. No other firewall runnning. Running Windows 11 with all updates. Bought the product and it hasn't worked in months.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @JRen and welcome to the Community!

Does the connectivity issue occur on multiple devices, or just a particular device? I'm asking because I have noticed that you have a Family Pack license that can cover up to15 devices, but the Premium VPN subscription will cover only 10 devices connected at a time, so we need to rule out this scenario first.

Referring to my previous comment, have you checked if the port 443 UDP is open?

Regards

• I have the same problem. Reinstalling does not solve the issue. I am installing Bitdefender VPN in three different devices, and all of them has the problem. I contacted support team and they tried everything available solutions, but the issue still exists.

• Karim.3a6f
    Options

I have the same issue, please help me.

• i have same issue still but error number now 300

• Hello @Maherson and thanks for joining us here.

I've seen another report for this error in the thread below:

Based on my findings, there are 3 recent reports and my recommendation would be to contact the Support teams for troubleshooting, in the event the steps from this article do not solve the issue:

Let us know how it goes and please do share your findings with us, so we may help other users that might encounter this error.

Thank you

• Hello, I've the same problems here in my house with my personal WiFi. The VPN won't connect at all to WiFi. I've checked and their is no restrictions, no other VPN etc...

And as I've the login to the router, iv checked and their is also not restriction implemented by the internet provider.

Any idea why?

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Fair Future Foundation

Hello.

I think that the best option for you is to contact Bitdefender Consumer Support, as the support engineers could take a deeper look at the issue, so do the steps below.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

and

create a connectivity log file, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• Hello,

Check if Port 443 is blocked. Port 443 UDP must be open for Bitdefender VPN to work. Also, check that your firewall isn’t blocking the VPN. If you’re not sure, look in your router’s manual, contact the manufacturer or your Internet provider. Try changing the DNS as well. Here's a video on how to do it:

Let us know what works for you.

Regards