Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

data brokers

Options

i have brokers listed, but all are american brokers! i am in the uk, yet another part of indentity protection that warns you for no reason! and the broker sites looks ropey! are btidefender colluding with brokers? digital protection is really not worth the money i paid so far

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @minkimoo and welcome to the Community!

The main features of the Digital Identity Protection service are dark web monitoring and digital footprint visualization and we present this in the product page. These two are the core functions at the moment. The data brokers feature is a demand test and the service developers will scale it in the fourth quarter of 2022. In relation to data brokers, Digital Identity Protection positions itself between the client and the data broker, providing the user with useful links for the data broker. This way, you can search for data and make a deletion request. The main purpose of this feature is to exercise your privacy rights and reclaim any data collected by such brokers.

A data broker is a company that collects personal information about you from multiple sources, processes that information, and then sells it to other companies that have an interest in knowing more about you, usually for marketing or risk mitigation reasons.

Data brokers are required to provide users with the ability to delete personal data but not all companies make this flow easy to use, so they appear redirected to various integrated data deletion services. For many brokers, the city can also be displayed and their location is usually in the U.S.

It is worth the effort to delete such data to minimize the risk of the the data being sold to other marketing companies or to bad actors who may use it for fraudulent purposes.

Regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user