Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Privacy Settings & Bitdefender Password Manager

xavier.beltran
edited August 2022 in Password Manager

Where are the Bitdefender Privacy Settings to Protect against Bitdefender Password Manager being pushed by Bitdefender as a Notification? 😣

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Hello.

This has already been discussed here (click on "View Post"):

You could also read my comment in that post.

Currently there is no option/setting to disable that particular notification, except to activate "Game profile" or "Work Profile" and see if that helps.

Also, let's wait for a response from @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD and see what they can say about the notification.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited August 2022

Hello @xavier.beltran and welcome to the Community!

Yes, this notification was slightly modified in the latest update version 26.0.23.80, as work has been carried out for Password Manager as well. The developers are currently revising this mechanism for further optimization. As @Gjoksi pointed above, there is no option nor setting to disable this particular notification completely from the first pop-up at the moment.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• @xavier.beltran what happens exactly if you click on "x" to dismiss the notification? Does it go away or pop up again after some time?

Cheers

• It's what I did the last time it popped up. Hasn't reappeared yet...

• How many times did you get the pop up notification?

• ±3 times

• Reappeared a few seconds ago

• I am getting this as well, at least once per day with offers and recommendations turned off. It is incredibly annoying and disingenuous of this company to still push products with those options off.

• Hello @xavier.beltran and @voidzzz ,

The unwanted notifications were generated by a technical issue on our side and we rushed to address this in a fix, released to the whole user base on August 23rd 2022. We apologize for the inconveniences caused.

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB