Scan a large archive

I want Bitdefender to scan a large archive but I can't find a way to do it. The archive is 1.29GB and cannot be opened with 7Zip etc. It's a .BIN file.

In the custom scan it seems as though the largest archive it wants to scan is 2048MB - am I understanding that correctly? So there is no way I can force it to scan the contents of the 1.2GB archive? I hope I am missing something here and someone can tell me this is wrong and how to do it.

Any help appreciated!

Tagged:

Answers

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

Hi @tomo82

I know this sounds a little simplistic, but have you tried a right-click on-demand contextual scan, or drop the file into the Security widget? You said any help is appreciated :) :)

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Open your Bitdefender program and go to Protection -> Antivirus -> Open -> Advanced.

Now, enable the "Scan archives" option and in the "Ignore archives greater than" option, drag the slider to the far right. I think the maximum value is 9999 MB, which is around 10 GB.

So, in the future, every archive which is smaller than 10 GB will be scanned by Bitdefender's real-time protection, on-access scanning.

Just a note, it is impossible to scan archives larger than 10 GB.

Regards.

• Boing738
    Boing738 ✭✭
    edited September 2022

Hallo!

I had pretty much the same question and so I got in contact with BD-support via chat.

They told me to leave the slider at 0 MB to scan ALL archives regardless of their size.

Now I am reading that @Gjoksi is advising the opposite.

I am pretty confused. What is definitely right if you want to have all archives scanned no matter of the size?

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

Hello @Boing738

Maybe the easy solution would be to try it both ways and see what happens. I don't have a file that big to try for myself, to be able to give you a definite answer.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/