Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender notification of blocked websites delayed?

Options

I ran into an issue today where I was looking up some information on razer CVEs (just searching CVE-#'s) and went through a few Google results. No popups from Bitdefender during that time period, and reviewing the notifications shows nothing that I missed.

Over an hour later, I get a notification saying a dangerous connection was blocked for my protection. Seeing the page it referenced, its PART of the URI path of one of the pages I actually visited from Google, but I presume it just cut it off (text is always really weird in the GUI anyways).

That makes me think, is something on my host attempting to connect to that page after the fact? Is this a delayed message? To be clear, the timestamp on the notification indicates it was over an hour after, not just when I noticed it.

If it was something trying to connect after the fact, why didn't the time I ACTUALLY visited it cause the detection?

If this is a delayed message, why did that happen?

Tried to search for my query but couldn't find similar posts, I'm not sure if anyone's heard of or seen any similar things but its triggering my "somethings not right" sense. This is MAYBE the third time this has happened to me in the past....prolly 3 or 4 months. No common denominator in terms of what I'm doing (except that I'm on the internet) or the type of activity/website it alerts on. This is the only time I've reviewed my history to see how far apart they were.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

That's strange. I'm a Bitdefender user since 2017 and TBH i've never faced an issue like yours, meaning i've never faced delayed notifications.

You should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Maybe @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD can add something here.

Regards.

• Hi,

I think this requires some digging and my advice would be the same, to ask the engineers to have a look.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user