Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Izotope product portal installs/updates blocked saying Gen:Variant.Babar.102460

Options

I'm getting virus notification from Bitdefender when trying to install anything from iZotope.

The file C:\$Extend\$Deleted\0055000000012DBD2F40241C is infected with Gen:Variant.Babar.102460. The threat has been successfully blocked, your device is safe.

The file C:\Program Files\iZotope\Nectar 3\unpacked_files\Install iZotope Nectar 3 Plug-in.exe is infected with Gen:Variant.Babar.102460 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean

The file C:\Program Files\iZotope\RX Pro Audio Editor\unpacked_files\Install RX 10 Breath Control.exe is infected with Gen:Variant.Babar.102460 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

Did a full system scan and it showed nothing on my end, this is only when downloading and installing from iZotope. Even via their product portal app. Effectively killing any install or update.

I tried looking for the Gen.Variant.Babar.102460 but can find no info at all.

Is it an actual virus or is that the name given when its a false positive?

If the false positive.. how do I get around it?

Comments