Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Automatically delete notifications?

Is there any way to periodically delete all notifications? Possibly on a schedule? Or maybe each time Windows is started? A bonus would be to deleted only those older than some number of days. If they are stored in a file, maybe cCleaner could do it?

If this capability is not present, I would like to submit it for consideration as a future feature addition.

Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello @Dave In Ohio,

The notifications will be automatically cleared after 30 days.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

@Alexandru_BD

Maybe there should be an option for the user to set the automatic deletion of the notifications to 7 days, 14 days, 3 months etc.

Regards.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited September 2022

And maybe to not have them cleared with CCleaner, as that could be run forgetting that it was linked with BD notifications and a person may not have wanted to have been cleared at that time.

@Alexandru_BD thank you for that insight, reminder, of the 30-day auto clear. School is always in session for me :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• 😅

I have popped the question regarding the notifications and i'll let you know if the devs are considering any changes here.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thank you to each person who has responded for your various insights.

As I logged in to look at this thread, I realized that the notifications also exist on Bitdefender Central. And, if I am not mistaken, notifications that I deleted on my local PC version of Bitdefender are still present at Bitdefender Central.

Therefore, I suggest that these should mirror each other. If I as a user choose to delete notifications it means I want them gone from all places where they are stored.

Thank you!