Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Which Windows Store App was blocked?

Options

Several times a day I see a notification that says, "Bitdefender blocked a Windows Store app from gaining access to your webcam." While it is comforting to know that it was disallowed, I would like to address the underlying cause to stop it from coming up repeatedly. How can I determine which Windows Store App is pinging my webcam all the time?

Thanks!

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Generate bitdefender support tool logs (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/)

Generate bitdefender connectivity logs (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/9689/)

Share the logs & your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Thank you Flexx.

Unfortunately, GMAIL blocked the support tool logs for security reasons. Therefore, since this is not enough of a nuisance to be worth any more of anyone's brain cycles, I'm dropping it.

Much appreciated,

Dave

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Contact bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com and ask them to share bitdefender link and password where you can upload the logs and then also submit your query to support.

Note that bitdefender also offers link where you can upload the logs to them but that link is specific for specific user and is only generated by support team.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• I have the same problem. The odd thing is that daily not only the Windows Store, but also Host Process Services is added up to the authorized webcam application.

Further to this, BitDefender blocked a trojan yesterday and cleant it, but it so odd to have a trojan in my computer as I am extremely careful in installing only legitimate software and will navigate only known sites or else do it with Microsoft Edge with Protection Guard open.

Is it normal for the Windows Store process to be adding up itself? I understand that Windows Store is the process that allows face recognition for login. But also it is odd that it continues to access the webcam even at times nobody is there in front of the computer, literally nobody is at home.

• timobru
    Options

Since I cannot get any sense from Bitdefender I am repeating the question here about this message. If a Windows Store app has been blocked from accessing my webcam, how and I supposed to know which one it is? Since Windows Hello Face Recognition is not working at the moment I do wonder if the two are connected.

• Hello @timobru,

According to the below post, "it will be any app of service which uses your Microsoft account. The store will be checking for any updates or new purchases which can be downloaded."

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user