Bitdefender Firewall Notification Cannot Be Closed On Windows Desktop

Had a Bitdefender Firewall notification popup. I clicked on "Allow", but the popup continue to be persistently there even after i click 50 times and still going, yes i counted the number of clicks. Need help as to why it does not go away. It still showing as i write this discussion topic.

Tagged:

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

Hello.

-- STEP 1 --

Repair Bitdefender, by following these steps:

-- STEP 2 --

If the instructions from Step 1 didn't help, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been solved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

-- STEP 3 --

If the instructions from Step 2 didn't help, follow the instructions in this step.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• Hello @Guyver3,

Try to disable the Alert mode and let us know if the notification can be suppressed this way:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• @Alexandru_BD

I know your suggestion is realistic to solve the issue, but it also diminishes the purpose of alert mode.

This notification drives me crazy as I'm unable to close it. I have to restart my home server/PC whenever I see this stuck pop-up.

I tried contacting the support team a few years ago, but they didn't solve the issue. I tried contacting them again but, no response yet.

Don't take me wrong; I like Bitdefender so much that I've been using it for 5-6 years. But, as I know from my experience, Bitdefender had not solved this issue for the last two years (when I first contacted them). I believe a few of my computers(home server) need different Antivirus software.

P.S. While writing this comment, one "Bitdefender Firewall" popup is watching me from the bottom right corner of the monitor. (it is stuck, I have to restart the server again)

• Hello @PratikPatel,

Normally, you can dismiss this notification and it should not freeze on the screen. If it gets stuck there, it's obviously a problem and not the expected behaviour. I have located your previous request from a ticket raised one year ago. In this ticket, the engineers provided some instructions, but did not hear back from you. However, I am not sure if those steps apply for your current situation, as you wish to keep Alert Mode enabled, if my understanding is correct.

I could not locate a recent ticket raised for our engineers. I am positive that I saw this notification behaviour once, but I can't seem to locate the investigation to further advise. My recommendation would be to temporarily disable the Alert Mode so you can get rid of the notification for now and use one of the available contact channels to reach our engineers for further troubleshooting.

Use this link to get in touch with them:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Please do let us know what the outcome is and if the pop-up can be supressed after contacting the Support Teams.

Regards

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited January 17

Hello @_Benjamin and thanks for joining us here. I appreciate you took the time to write this clear, comprehensive and honest review. And I'm impressed you managed to find a workaround for this, well done.

I have asked my colleagues from the Support teams to get back to you on the open case, as soon as possible. You will hear from them shortly. If the validity extension was agreed upon, you will not have to renew the subscription now, as they will manually extend it by adding the 8 months, thus moving the expiration date further away.

Surely, they will come up with a fix for this inconvenience, I'm not sure why it's taking them this long. Based on my findings, it's not a general issue with the firewall, but an isolated one that's apparently encountered randomly and I think this makes it more difficult to resolve.

Regards,

Alex