Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Got An Email That Bitdefender Found A Social Media Profile That Resembles Mine. What Does It Mean?

Options

Got this email today from BD like I have in the past warning me that they found some profiles similar to mine, there were a couple that i never heard of and some i have and when i clicked their link to go visit the profile that i didnt know, it went to one of those fake websites that acts like its scanning my pc and it tells me my pc is infected and i need to call windows support and they give you a fake number not related to MS.

Now riddle me this, why in the world would a reputable company like BD send me an email telling me that their are profiles like mine out there and they cant scan the link to tell if its legit or not before their so called "valuable customers" click on the link? This is BS anyway you look at it. Lets not blame the user as some of us do have an idea about IT and may or may not work in this field meaning i was smart enough to review the header of the email to ensure it was from BD which tells me "I should trust the content as it should be legitimate since its coming from a trusted source".

Myself, I felt so disappointed and angered that BD provided me this link to click on, makes we wonder, is this a leading solution or should we move on to something else.

THOUGHT THEY WERE HERE TO PROTECT US!

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternativaely, you can also share your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Dumdum,

Digital Identity Protection is a service that monitors your digital footprint. When we encounter a profile (usually from social networks) that has common elements with your identity but has not been confirmed to be yours, we will alert you about the possibility that a profile belonging to someone else is attempting to impersonate you. The service will also display suggestions for actions to be taken in case it is indeed an impersonation attempt.

To get a better understanding of the situation you have encountered, kindly send me a private message with the link you have received and I will ask our security researchers to investigate. There are other modules in Bitdefender responsible with browsing protection and DIP is not one of them. It must first be established if the antivirus was fully operational when the link was accessed and also if the link contained malware or was a phishing link that could escape detection.

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user