Confused Over Protection Preferences In Bitdefender Antivirus For Mac. Any Explanation?

Sorry, but this isn't at all clear to me.

Fairly sure I understand that the sliding checkmark means scan only new and modified, but does "Disable this setting" check box disable or enable custom drag and drop? (Or does it do something else)?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@FredMertz @Flexx

It's just a misunderstanding going between both of you.

The question is for Bitdefender Antivirus for macOS, not for Windows.

The article above posted by @Flexx is for Bitdefender for Windows.

Here is that particular setting in Bitdefender Total Security for Windows:

Like @Flexx already suggested, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Regards.

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited December 2022

Kindly check the below stated link by bitdefender support.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13450/

Scan only new and modified files. By scanning only new and modified files, you may greatly improve overall system responsiveness with a minimum trade-off in security.

If you need additional information, kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Sorry I wasn't more clear. It's the second selection, not the first. There's no issue. It's just not clear. But I will indeed contact them. Thanks!

Also none of what's in the URL shows on my App

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited December 2022

As far as I can know the drag and drop scanning is for the bitdefender widget. When you enable this option it may stop the scan of file when you drag and drop it on bitdefender widget. Additional information as probed can be provided by bitdefender support.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• I'm apparently having a bad communication day.

There's a Checkbox, Checked by default, that says disable this setting for custom drag and drop ....

I don't want custom drag and drop. But does the checked checkbox enable it, disable it, or do nothing.

Not your fault. I'm the one with drain bramage.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited December 2022

Hello @FredMertz,

With this setting enabled, whenever a full scan is running, only new files and folders are going to be scanned, those that were previously scanned with Bitdefender will be skipped. There are actually two settings in your screenshot, there's the toggle that can be used to disable/enable the option to scan only new and modified files and there's a checkmark that allows you to set preferences for this particular setting. As you have concluded in the chat, unchecking the box allows for drag and drop.

I have noticed that there is one more question to be answered and our engineers will still require the BDProfiler log when possible, to further advise. Kindly reply on the open ticket and provide the Support Teams with the required information.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user