Respawning "info.zip" Folder On NAS. Any Help?
Hi, I noticed that a zipped folder called "info" has been created in every folder and sub-folder on an external drive that was connected as NAS to my previous router. I never enabled any access to the drive from outside my network. Previously I have deleted some of the "info" folders and they appear to come back. I believe that malware on my pc is the cause.
Since then I have installed a new router and I am using the paid version of Bitdefender Armor Security through my Netgear Nighthawk router since the pc is not used outside of my network.
- Is there a way to determine if malware exists on the pc? Bitdefender has not identified anything on the pc from the network scans.
- Is there a way to remove info.zip from every folder on the external hard drive? It would be very time consuming to remove them manually, there are many.
I have not unzipped any of the info.zip files. Thanks for reading my post.
You should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:
NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!
To be on a safer side, I would also advise you to run these portable scanners which do not require any installation
* Download and run Malwarebytes AdwCleaner: https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner
* ESET Online Scanner: https://download.eset.com/com/eset/tools/online_scanner/latest/esetonlinescanner.exe
* Download and run a scan with Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool: https://devbuilds.s.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/KVRT/latest/full/KVRT.exe .Make sure you checkmark System Memory, Startup Objects, Boot Sectors & System Drive before running a scan.
* Dr.Web CureIt!: https://cdn-download.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/1673308974.271/l44hmkvh.exe
OMEN Laptop 15-en1037AX (Bitdefender Total Security) & Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra (Bitdefender Mobile Security)1