Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Password Wallet Disappeared. Any Help?

Options
rikish78
rikish78
edited January 2023 in Privacy

I had installed the last virus etc update of BitDefender Total Security around 20 December 2022.

When I started the same PC on January 5, 2023 I had a popup screen showing an automatic software update and no option to stop it. I let the update to go to the end. I then noticed the Password Manager had replaced the Password Wallet. I realised then that my password wallet had disappeared from my computer (with all my ID and passwords !). The only copies I was able to find were back up copies that I had done earlier in 2022.

I can understand that BitDefender wish to implement a new technology and request clients to pay additional money. However I do not agree them to do that without letting me backup my existing personal data (ID and passwords).

In addition to this problem, at the bottom of the Password Manager screen there is a link to the former Password Wallet. However I have to connect it each and every time I start my PC. If not, Bit Defender will not use it (when this was automatic in prior versions).

I strongly complain about such an unacceptable attitude !

Has anybody else encountered the same problem ? Is there a solution ?

Thank you for your help.

I would add that if BitDefender have transfered my personal data from my PC to their servers without my prior consent, and force me to buy additional service, this is a theft of personal data and I might be tempted to take legal action. Any idea ? Thanks

Richard

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @rikish78,

Are you being asked to enter the master password?

No automatic transfer between the Wallet and Password Manager took place, as specified in the article below, the user can export the Wallet data to Password Manager with the help of an export tool, but this will not be carried out by itself:

Once transferred, Password Manager will sync in the cloud all passwords across all your devices so you can access them anywhere, anytime.

What Bitdefender version do you have? The Wallet data should be there, but it's difficult for me to guide you here, as I don't have the full picture. But one of our engineers can help and you can use the link below to reach the Support teams for further assistance:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user