Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I'm Receiving A Message: "Device Limit Reached". What Should I Do?

Apps2go
edited February 2023 in Install & Updates

I am receiving this message "Devices limit reached" and I only have 3 computers registered in the antivirus. What should I do?

My Bitdefender ID: **** (edited by admin)

Answers

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited February 2023

Hi @Apps2go

I would contact Support, to confirm your subscription device allotment, limit.

Tick the Activate and Install box, then follow the prompts until you get to the support options, Contact Support, at the bottom of the page. I would start with Chat, as they can head you in the right direction rather quickly. Phone support is not toll-free.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

@Alexandru_BD, @Mike_BD can have a look at number of devices supported by your current subscription.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited February 2023

Hello @Apps2go,

After checking your account, I have noticed that you have a Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac subscription for up to 3 devices. So, if you have 3 devices already covered, this means all the available slots are in use, hence the message.

However, I currently see only two MacBooks covered (the third device might be offline though). Have you successfully installed protection on the third device as well, or do you get the "device limit reached" message when attempting to protect the third device?

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hello...

I have used BD for several years.

I have a current subscription for 5 devices for AV Security. Only 3 devices are working. A 4th device ( that has been working for years) suddenly decided to stop working with a "Device limit reached" error...  BD Central shows the 4th device but it is "red flagged"

I have removed the device using "BD Central" several times and uninstalled the BD apps using the BD uninstaller. 

I then used BD Central to download the install the .pkg file several times and to reinstall this device. Each reinstall ends up with a "Device limit reached" error.

I have spoken to your first line support several times during the last 24 hours and basically they could not help other than to refer to higher technical support that can take 48 hours.

I need to get more help urgently please.  

regards. AMCD

• Hello @AMCD and thanks for joining the conversation here.

I have located your open ticket and asked my colleagues to reply to you as soon as possible.

Is the 4th device a Mac, by any chance?

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Alex

• NIB-PH
    edited November 2023

Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac says Devices limit reached despite not reaching limit

• Flexx

Give this a try:

Remove devices from your online Bitdefender Central: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2795/

Afterwards, reactivate your bitdefender product.

If issue perists, kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Based on your selected product and the type of issue you're facing, you can get in touch with a support representative through email, chat, or a phone call.

If you choose email, you will receive a ticket number on your registered email. The support team will reply within the next 24-48 hours, excluding weekends.

Regards

• NIB-PH
    edited November 2023

Hi Flexx, we just purchase additional subscription for 10devices yesterday and we got the same message. We have 40 licenses now , 31 in use and 9 available slots. But still this message will pop up.

• Flexx

• Hi,

Replied privately. It's a task for the Support teams.

Cheers.