Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Whitelist apps in Mobile Security

Options

If an app is detected as malicious in the Mobile Security app, one will get the huge "Your device is at risk!" every time the app is opened. If the app in question is know to be safe by the user, the warning can for sure be ignored, but the idea of the warning does not fulfill its purpose if the user get used to it and always ignores it (e.g., if an actual malicious app is detected on the phone).

Please add the ability to whitelist (or in any other way properly ignore and dismiss a warning) to the Mobile Security app.

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @LucasHokerberg,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

I have noted your recommendation and will forward your feedback to our development teams in the next feedback sprint.

I think the security warnings should not be ignored in the first place. Of course, if the user decides to acknowledge the potential risks involved and continues to use the app, the product will still communicate the detection and future detections for that matter, because Mobile Security will make sure that the Android device stays clean by automatically scanning any application immediately after its install.

If Bitdefender warns you, chances are something is going on with that app, even though it may look safe. For peace of mind, I would recommend you to submit a sample to the Bitdefender Labs and our security researchers will surely find out if the respective app is hiding something:

Your contributions and ideas are always welcome and please feel free to share with us any other suggestions that come to mind in the future. The product developers are always open to new ideas coming from our users and will always consider the concepts that have true potential of making it into production.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user