Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Spam of "Suspicious connection blocked" popups.

Options

Since yesterday there is a constant spam of "suspicious connection blocked" popups every 2-10 minutes disrupting my typing and similar work. Every time I have browser (firefox) open. I've tried everything short of uninstalling Bitdefender including turning off all notifications, turning off all protection features, turning off notifications in windows, switching to work or gaming modes - nothing works. I've tried updating to newest version, run full system scan etc.

What's worse the popup notification is generic, not showing any source of disturbance and when I go to Bitdefender notifications it doesn't show anything "There are no notifications yet" on empty screen in all notifications tabs so I can't pinpoint the issue.

On my second computer there were 2 pop-up notifications with similar message - but there was a link to notification pointing at cloudfront.net and faulty security certificate, but after 2 popups system decided to shoot it down to stop the spam - in the app the log shows 97 notifications.

Any help will be appreciated as I'm right now considering uninstalling Bitdefender.

Also, I must say it's crazy that the program has no option to temporarily turn off all protection without uninstalling it.

Edit: Also when trying to send a support ticket after a long time of collecting all data - which program doesn't disclose what it's collected, it shows there was a problem sending the ticket and to contact support -_- Yes, my connection is ok - everything else including browser via which I'm writing this post is working...

Comments

• shaedlaer
    shaedlaer
    edited April 2023
    Options

I know why I can't upload the support system file to bitdefender support... They limit file size to 250MB while their own support tool gathered 2,72GB of data (?!)

Just brilliant...

Edit:

The message in Bitdefender Central says:

Threat type

Unmatching certificate

Blocked URL

There was an attempt to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate.

We blocked the connection to keep the data safe since the used certificate was issued for a different web address than the targeted one.

And

Description

Dangerous software may take different forms and exhibit diverse behaviors, but the main goal is essentially the same: to be harmful for your data or your device.

Threats

certificate found in ****

certificate found in ****

In the bitdefender app notifications on the computer itself there still are no messages.

edit: links deleted as per forum rules.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options

Hi @shaedlaer

The initial email contact with support is for starting the process and sending general information within the 250MB range. You need to let them know you have the log file to send, in which they will reply with an email that will allow you to upload the file. It's just their way of starting the support process, including creating a support ticket that will link your follow-up replies and correspondence.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

As far as I know, the link that even the bitdefender support will send has a limitation of 2GB -5GB.

You can always upload the logs on google drive and share the google drive link with the support team.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• shaedlaer
    Options

That's exactly what I did - I uploaded it to google drive and shared link in the support message.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @shaedlaer,

In the meantime, you can check this article for the usual troubleshooting steps to follow in this scenario:

As a last resort, you can temporarily disable the Encrypted web scan feature, at least until the Support Teams can have a look and assist further. Go to Protection -> Online Threat Prevention -> Encrypted web scan -> turn the blue switch OFF:

NOTE: This is not a recommended action, but will supress these notifications.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user