Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

login to password mgr

Options
kimbob
edited June 2023 in Password Manager

why do you have to sign in to password manager every time the browser is open? This is annoying as heck!!! Not to mention I thought I read that there was an option to remember passwords for a Windows session. If so... it ain't workin!!

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

If you lock your device without closing your browser, Password Manager doesn’t lock and you can access your data when you return. As a security measure, every time you open the browser you have to sign in with your Bitdefender Central account and then input your Master password.

• To stop the Central sign-in prompt, go into ⚙︎ Settings and tick “Disable login tab on startup”.
    • To stop the master password prompt for 72 hours, check the “Remember me” box on the Unlock your vault screen.

Also, go into ⚙︎ Settings -> Inactivity lock and select "Never" for "Lock after".

Regards.

• HaitchyB
    Options

Login to password mgr doesn't work on my android phone. I put in my email and password and nothing happens after that. Any suggestions as to what the problem is?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @HaitchyB,

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact channels available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• To "Remember me" for the password manager above it states

"To stop the Central sign-in prompt, go into ⚙︎ Settings and tick “Disable login tab on startup”.

Which settings? Windows or Bitdefender. I checked both and cannot find this. Also did a search in settings no results.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Hocstk14,

Open the Password Manager browser extension:

After you've opened the Settings, the option at the very top says "Disable login tab on startup", simply check that box.

Regards,

Alex

• Found it Thank you. I'll see haw this works.

• Still have to sign in every time I open the browsers.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

Have you checked these options as well? The “Remember me” box on the Unlock your vault screen and also go to Settings -> Inactivity lock and select "Never" for "Lock after".

• I have checked "Remember Me". I have "Never" in inactivity lock for lock after. There ia an information block that says I will be disabled after and will have to log in but I selected "Never". I still have to sign in every-time I open my browser or sign on the computer. NO CHANGE.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Could be a bug there, you can ask the Support teams to have a look. They can advise on what could be causing this.

You can get in touch with the Bitdefender engineers by choosing one of the contact channels listed here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Scroll down to state your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes.