Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Open Bitdefender Safepay in its own screen or window.

Options
DTsag
DTsag CAD Technologist

Just switched from Kaspersky to Bitdefender. I have a desktop with 2 screens and when I do my banking I have in one screen a browser opened with my online banking and in the other any billing sites, PDFs or any other information that I want available at the moment. When using Safepay, I can only see the one online banking tab and nothing else, making it frustrating going back and forward in order to obtain the information needed, by the way Kaspesky has a safe browser feature as well but you can use it without hiding everything else. I do understand the reasons why Bitdefender blocks everything else (no need to get an answer followed with all the Safepay features from Scott), but I would like to know if there is any way possible to open Bitdefender Safepay in its own screen or window, and if not, PLEASE add that option in the settings so we as individual users can decide on how we want to use your product that suits our needs in the best or most efficient way.

Or if you aren't planning this, at least add more features to Safepay, I can only open one window with multiple tabs, make it possible to open a second window so I can utilize both screens.

Also, anytime I open the banking site and Safepay launches, the site also opens outside the virtual desktop and then I have to close it, fix it so the site opens only in Safepay.

I hope this sheds some light on some issues and we can hope for an improved Safepay.

0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Safepay opens ONLY in full screen.

You can't resize the window or even open Safepay in split screen.

Also, you can only switch between the Safepay full screen and the desktop screen.

You can add the banking site as bookmark in Safepay, by following these steps:

Just make sure Encrypted web scan option is turned ON. To find it, go to Protection > click on the Settings button in the ONLINE THREAT PREVENTION module, then make sure the ENCRYPTED WEB SCAN slider is set to ON(blue). If this feature is off, the website may not be detected by Safepay as a banking website, therefore it won't be automatically opened in Safepay.

Finally, you can share your suggestion(s) for the product, by contacting Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @DTsag and thank you for sharing your thoughts here. First of all, a warm welcome to Bitdefender and the Community!

I have moved your thread to our Product Features & Ideation category, as the content is best suited for this. As @Gjoksi explained above, this is how Safepay was designed to function. The product teams will analyze your suggestion to decide if this is something that can be done during future developments.

In regard to opening the banking site in Safepay only, this can be done, as per the above instructions.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and contribution! 👍️

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• DubBaa
    Options

I'm one month new with Bitdefender after recently leaving Kaspersky (by the way, not for cost or performance reasons). I'm on the same page as DTsag regarding the limitations of SafePay. It makes using it very cumbersome. Bitdefender's answers only confirm how it works with no explanation as to why it's better. Is it because their process is safer or because they haven't refined the program? I would also like to see SafePay function more like Kaspersky's Safe Money in the future.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi @DubBaa

As to why it's better, see if any of these bullet points help to answer that question.

From this article.

Features

Bitdefender Safepay offers the following features:

• It blocks access to your desktop and any attempt to take snapshots of your screen.
    • It protects your secret passwords while browsing online with Password Manager.
    • It comes with a virtual keyboard that makes it impossible for hackers to read your keystrokes when used.
    • It is completely independent of your other browsers.
    • It comes with a built-in VPN to be used when your computer is connected to unsecured Wi-Fi networks.
    • It supports bookmarks and allows you to navigate between your favorite banking/shopping sites.
    • It is not limited to banking. Any website can be opened in Bitdefender Safepay.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/