Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Central app on Android frequently fails to load

Options

Since I reset the data of the Bitdefender Central app on my Android phone, it fails lo load data. The website is still ok, so it looks like an issue with the app.

After the login procedure (2-factor authentication via email) the app now most of the time doesn't fully launch. It frequently gets stuck on the screen you can see in the attached screenshot.

If there's something I can do to resolve this, please let me know.

Tagged:

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Here are my specs: Android 13, One UI Core 5.1, Security Patch Level April 1, 2023, Bitdefender Central 3.1.10.96

Never had any issues with the app, works just fine, even after using CCleaner Pro for Android, which is at least once a week.

So, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello again.

Click on the link in my comment above, select How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender products -> Troubleshooting -> I don't know, click on "Contact Support" in the black rectangle and select "Chat 24/7".

Regards.

• krisvlo
    Options

support is involved now, thx

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @krisvlo,

Have you tried to completely remove the app from your Android device and reinstall it? Indeed, if Central is still working as expected when accessed via browser, it has to do with the app and I would recommend you to reinstall it and login again with your account credentials. In any case, your ticket has been successfully escalated to Tier 2 Technical Support and the engineers will reply to you soon and investigate this behavior further.

Let us know how it goes, I'm curious to find out what was the root cause here.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• krisvlo
    Options

Dear,

To be clear: I already tried clearing the cache and data, and reinstalling the app several times, but that never made a difference. It could be interesting to know that no error messages are shown and that sometimes, magically, it all looks ok again.

As all is fine on the website, I now use that, but the app is more convenient so it would be nice if this issue could be resolved.

Thanks!

Kris

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Thanks for following up @krisvlo,

Your request is now in the hands of the Bitdefender engineers, please stand by as they will advise further.

Regards

• If you find a resolution can you also post it here as I have exactly the same issue. Many thanks.

• krisvlo
    Options

The Bitdefender development team acknowledged the situation and confirmed they are working on a solution. Said solution should come as an update of the app and shouldn't require any further action from the user. Just follow updates, it should come through.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @krisvlo,

Thank you very much for following up with the community!

Regards