Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Interference of bitdefender with terminal ?

Options

I am struggling since months with the fact that each time I install Bidefender, I start to have issues with the terminal. Opening MacOS terminal, each time open bitdefender with a POP-up of asking to allow or block a terminal command that I didn't ask. Not sure my Macbook is infected or not. This is happening on all 3 macbooks (Mojave, Ventura, Catalina).

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

This could also be a sign of infection. Use the BDsysLog malware analysis tool on your Mac to perform a deep scan and open a ticket for the Support teams. Attach the bdsyslog_results.zip archive to your support ticket for further troubleshooting.

You can open a ticket by using this link:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

The anti-malware engineers will further advise based on what the log shows.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• pmi
    Options

I have done that twice already and Bitdefender couldn't find anything :-(

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

I understand. I noticed the Support engineers gave some instructions on the previous ticket. Have you applied these?

• Manually add the app through the "+" sign in the Application Access table of Safe Files and set the "allow" status.
    • Use the "For all future sessions of this process (block only)" option in the alert and then manually change the status to "allow" in the table.

Regards

• pmi
    Options

Hello, thank you for the follow-up; I cannot add bitdefender manually in the application access (gray, not selectable). That is why I don't understand why this is coming-up all the time.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Can you reply to the Bitdefender engineers on the latest Support ticket you have raised in May and let them know the situation you have reported initially persists? I can't seem to get around this and I'm out of suggestions..

Their latest reply was sent to you on Friday, June 2nd but they haven't heard back from you since. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be able to resolve this on the forum no matter how hard we try..

Thanks