Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Identity Force only works in USA

Options

The website is misleading cause it doesn't show that.

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Here's a full list of Bitdefender home products and subscriptions: 

-- Bitdefender ULTIMATE SECURITY PLUS --

- Available For USA Only -

Included: Premium VPN (Unlimited VPN Traffic), Password Manager, 3-Bureau Credit Report And Changes, Up To $2 Million Identity Theft Insurance, 401(K) Plan And Investment Monitoring

Operating Systems: Windows, Android, macOS, iOS

Number Of Devices: 10 / 1

Subscription: 1 year / 1 month

-- Bitdefender ULTIMATE SECURITY --

- Available For USA Only -

Included: Premium VPN (Unlimited VPN Traffic), Password Manager, 1-Bureau Credit Report And Changes, Up To $1 Million Identity Theft Insurance

Number Of Devices: 10 / 1

-- Bitdefender PREMIUM SECURITY --

Included: Premium VPN (Unlimited VPN Traffic), Password Manager

Number Of Devices: 10

-- Bitdefender FAMILY PACK --

Included: Limited VPN Traffic (200 MB Per Day)

Number Of Devices: 15 / Household

Subscriptions: 1 year, 2 years, 3 years

-- Bitdefender TOTAL SECURITY --

Number Of Devices: 5, 10

-- Bitdefender INTERNET SECURITY --

Operating System: Windows

Number Of Devices: 1, 3, 5, 10

-- Bitdefender ANTIVIRUS PLUS --

Operating System: Windows

Number Of Devices: 1, 3, 5, 10

-- Bitdefender ANTIVIRUS --

Operating System: macOS

Number Of Devices: 1, 3

-- Bitdefender SMALL OFFICE SECURITY --

Included: Limited VPN Traffic (500 MB Per Day)

Number Of Devices: 5, 10, 20

-- Bitdefender MOBILE SECURITY --

Operating System: Android, iOS

Number Of Devices: 50 / 1 Account

Subscription: 1 year

Regards.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @matt_spi

Are you talking about Identity Threat Protection or Digital Identity Protection?

At the top of the Identity Theft Protection webpage, is an asterisk stating that a Social Security number is required, then about 1/2 down the webpage, it mentions it is only for the residents of the US.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• BenTimages
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi folks,

I wonder if many other people have suffered this problem? I just signed up on a new offer for "Digital Theft Protection" after paying $US99.00 (or $AUD154.67).

However, I didn't see any mention of it being for US use only - until I tried to register my country (Australia).

Oops! The only entry available is "United States of America", which is greyed out and has a drop down arrow that doesn't show any other country because ... well, it's greyed out. Meaning that you can only be a US resident to avail yourself of this service.

If it's only for US customers, then why isn't this mentioned in plain sight?

Oh yeah, that's right, it IS mentioned ... on the second page of the 21 (print-sized) pages that contain the 10,000+ words that make up the Terms and Conditions document, which I admit I didn't read.

Nor did I read the 5,000+ words of the 15 page Privacy Policy either. Oops, again!

Who here among you has read these 36 odd pages before making a payment? Other than the lawyers (my wife is a retired lawyer, but she never reads these “policies” either). So, repeating my opening question: how many other customers have been sucked in by this blatantly bad advertisement?

So I guess I have to plead guilty to not scrutinizing the more than 15,000+ words before paying. My bad.

BitDefender should make it VERY clear that it's not meant for use by any aliens, foreigners or denizens of this planet who do NOT reside in the good ol' US of A, just to prevent silly duffers like me from buying a service I'm not eligible to use.

The irony of it all is that I might have lost $155 paying for a service that I hoped would protect me from being ripped off financially. I'm just hoping that my carelessness and ignorance won't prevent me from getting a refund.

Caveat emptor!

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@BenTimages

Hello.

Check out this article:

Keep in mind that you may obtain a refund within 30 days of your initial purchase or of the automatic renewal date.

Regards.

• Thanks for that, Gjoksi! You're a champion, goodonya!

👍️

• Hello @BenTimages and thanks for sharing your experience with us.

There are actually 2 products for identity protection, there's Digital Identity Protection and Identity Theft Protection and they are intended for different markets. It's not necessary to go through the entire website to find out this information, since each product displays a detailed description of the components and capabilities included.

As per the product's descriptions available on the product page before the purchase, Identity Theft Protection is available for U.S. only because it requires a valid Social Security Number to work. However, you may opt for Digital Identity Protection instead, as this is available for your region. I have included the link below for reference:

Bitdefender Identity Theft Protection and Bitdefender Digital Identity Protection are not identical. Although some of their functions overlap, such as Dark Web and Social Media monitoring, they target different things. Bitdefender Digital Identity Protection monitors your digital footprint to prevent data breaches and improve your online privacy. On the other hand, Bitdefender Identity Theft Protection focuses on credit monitoring to help you avoid becoming a credit fraud and identity theft victim.

Should you be interested in Digital Identity Protection instead, you can ask the Support teams to either issue a refund, or convert your Identity Theft Protection into a Digital Identity Protection subscription instead, whichever suits you best.

I think we've all made mistakes and misread something at some point in life and I know it can be frustrating, but there are always solutions here and there's no reason to be upset about it. It will get resolved either way, the Support teams can easily issue a refund, or they can help you with changing your subscription.

Best regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user