Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

A Call for Shared Licenses for Family Users

Options

📢 Addressing a Family-Centric Need: The Case for Shared Bitdefender Licenses

As a dedicated Bitdefender user who values the importance of comprehensive cybersecurity for my family, I'd like to shed light on a crucial aspect that needs attention. Currently, the limitation of using a Bitdefender license exclusively for the purchaser restricts its practicality within a family setup. I believe that allowing shared licenses among family members could be a significant step forward.

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 The Reality of Family Digital Lives

In today's interconnected world, families share devices, data, and responsibilities. However, the current license structure of Bitdefender doesn't accommodate this family-oriented dynamic. Many of us find ourselves juggling multiple devices and users under one roof, each in need of protection. This situation necessitates a more inclusive approach.

💡 Shared Licenses: The Solution

1. Economic Efficiency: Families already face various financial commitments. Requiring individual licenses for each family member becomes an added expense. Allowing shared licenses would alleviate this financial burden and encourage more families to invest in comprehensive cybersecurity.
  2. Unified Protection: Cyber threats can affect any family member's device, potentially putting the entire family at risk. Shared licenses would ensure a collective defense strategy, reducing the chances of a single device compromising the security of others.
  3. Ease of Management: Families are often responsible for managing the cybersecurity of multiple users and devices. A shared license would simplify this management, making updates, renewals, and troubleshooting a more streamlined process for everyone.

🌐 A Simple Shift for a Stronger Family Shield

Implementing shared licenses is not just about convenience; it's about recognizing the evolving dynamics of modern families and providing tailored solutions. To ensure a smooth transition, Bitdefender could consider:

1. Access Controls: Implement strong user authentication measures to ensure that only authorized family members can access the shared license.
  2. Customized Settings: Allow individual family members to adjust settings within the shared license, catering to their specific needs and preferences.
  3. Transparent Communication: Clearly communicate the benefits of shared licenses to customers, addressing any concerns about privacy and data security.

🔒 Requesting an Evolution

As a loyal Bitdefender user invested in my family's digital security, I urge the company to consider the potential benefits of shared licenses. By taking this step, Bitdefender can showcase its commitment to customer-centric solutions and adapt to the ever-changing landscape of digital family life.

In a world where families are more interconnected than ever, Bitdefender has the opportunity to set a new standard for family-oriented cybersecurity. I look forward to the day when shared licenses become a reality, ensuring that families can protect what matters most in a connected world. 🏠🛡️

1 votes

Declined · Last Updated

Bitdefender offers the Family Pack and solutions designed to protect multiple devices and different operating systems.

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Eivind and thanks for sharing your exhaustive suggestion here.

Bitdefender does allow for shared licenses and I believe this is the product you are looking for:

Recently, a shared plan for Password Manager has been launched as well:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Eivind
    Options

Thanks for the response! I thought the family pack forced me to login with my own account on my children’s and wife’s devices to activate such as other licenses.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Eivind,

It's not necessary to login in using your Central account credentials on other devices in order to install protection. Bitdefender Central is an online platform for managing all your Bitdefender products and subscriptions. From Central, you can control security for yourself and your entire family. You can activate and manage your subscriptions, install protection, track your lost devices, and run remote scans and optimizations – all in one place.

Whenever your Bitdefender subscription/license has multiple slots available, you can install protection on other devices by following the steps described in this article:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user