Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Problem with password wallet

Options
Anto_82
edited September 2023 in Password Manager

Hello I'm not able to recover my master password in the password wallet although I have the recovery code. It opens another windows and it tells me to not close it until the process is finish, the problem is that the process go on forever it doesn't finish so the new password is not saved. Any tips on how to solve this issue? I use opera browser, is it possible that the browser is not compatible with bitdefender's walled browser extention?

Thank you

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

First, check out this article:

Next, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• Hello, yes I know of the end of the support for the wallet, I was talking about the "bitdefender password manager". I'm not able to restore the masterpassword it tells me: Do not close this windows until the end of the process. The process never ends, and the windows its kept there with the some thing written. So I was thinking there is a problem upgrading the new master password on bitdefender's servers. I tried two browser Opera and Firefox same result

Thank you

• Hello @Anto_82,

According to the below article, the “Change Master Password” feature is not available on mobile devices. The article also provides detailed instructions on how to reset the master password:

The only way you can change or recover your master password is via the Bitdefender Password Manager browser extension on a Windows PC or a Mac. If you tried this and the feature is still unresponsive, try using Google Chrome as well and if you get the same result, head to the link below to get in touch with the Support teams for further assistance, as we are unable to reset your master password on the forum:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone & email (ticket) and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user