Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Parental Control not Blocking Websites on Android

Options

I've set up a child profile through my Bitdefender main hub and installed Parental Control on my child's cellphone which is an Android. The installation on the phone went through successfully and the phone is linked to my main control hub, but all of the websites that I assigned to be blocked on the cellphone are still able to be accessed. I restarted the phone a few times and the problem still occurs. What can I do to fix it?

Comments

• Liobet
    Liobet ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi spenn,

Contact the support team

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

L.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor3.40 GHz 32,0 Go [ Bitdefender Internet Security + VPN]

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @spenn,

Please tell me if Parental Control doesn't block anything at all or just specific websites? If this happens with all URLs, sign into your Central account, click on Parental Control then from the left menu click on your child's profile, go to Websites tab and make sure the button Monitor and block websites visited by your child is ON.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• spenn
    spenn
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi @Alexandru_BD ,

I tried what you recommended and it still did not work. I toggled the Monitor button on and off and then also restarted my phone, but sites from the blocked list as well as the general block filters are not preventing the assigned websites from loading.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @spenn,

Try this:

1. Uninstall Parental Control

2. Delete the Parental Profile from Central (Click the 3 vertical dots on the profile, choose Remove and click Yes)

3. Restart the computer and create a new profile

4. Assign it to your kid's device then then click Save

If this doesn't do the trick, then I think the Support teams can have a closer look and you can get in touch with the Bitdefender engineers by choosing one of the contact channels available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user