Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Option: Scan only new and modified files. [Problem]

Options

1- Under Protection Features, I open the AntiVirus window. There I select Advanced and make sure that the option, "Scan only new and modified files" is checked ON.

2- Now I start a full System Scan.

3- Going back to the Advanced options menu in the Antivirus section, (while the scan is still running). I now see that "Scan only new and modified files" has been switched to the OFF position.

Question: Does this mean that the the full System Scan will always scan all files? If so, when does this "Scan only new and modified files" come into play?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, the full System Scan in Bitdefender will always scan all files on your system, regardless of the "Scan only new and modified files" setting.

When "Scan only new and modified files" is ON:

• Real-time Protection: Bitdefender continuously monitors for new or modified files and scans them immediately for threats. This provides proactive protection against malware that might try to infiltrate your system.
    • Custom Scans: If you create a custom scan and enable this setting, Bitdefender will only scan files that have been created or changed since a previous scan, saving time and resources.

When "Scan only new and modified files" is OFF:

• Full System Scan: This scan always scans every file on your system, regardless of the setting. It's a comprehensive check to ensure no threats are lurking undetected.
    • Scheduled Scans: If you have scheduled scans set up, they will also scan all files, even if the setting is off.

You can also check the stated link for more information https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13450/

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)