Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Annoying and persistent Bitdefender’s pop-up window re Axis

Options

I keep getting the Suspicious Connection Blocked for cs.axis-marketplace.com. I did a little research and there wasn't much out there and nobody seems to know much about it. A couple half-heartedly said it was ok, but one noted some suspicious things (including a lot of absence of info). The thing is, why do I keep getting this pop-up? It seems that it is regularly doing something in the background of my computer, even when I'm nowhere near a sales site. That sounds suspiciously like a virus. Why, at the very least, is there not an option of just doing one permanent block, at least on my computer?

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Mark774,

If you do not visit the website and you still receive these notifications, then your browser connects to that url either through allowed notifications or toolbars/extensions. I suggest that you clear the cache & cookies, remove any unused/unknown extensions and if the issues persist, reset your browser.

This is most likely adware that you agreed on or something you enabled, like site setting, site notification, or installed toolbars, extensions or applications. These will redirect to malicious sites that try to collect your data or install abusive or dangerous software. Bitdefender cannot prevent the browser redirect, however, the OTP module will trigger an alert and may block the page if malicious activity is detected.

To get rid of adware and browser redirects, check the below article for detailed steps:

More context regarding the Suspicious connection blocked notification can be found here:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user