Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Malware or not?

Options

I'm running Bitdefender Total Security on Windows 10. I have a problem with jpgs. Something changed file date and size on a LOT of my pictures, and the files are now larger than they were. Bitdefender says my computer is not infected, but when I open what seem to be infected files, the command prompt pops up. I have 120 years of family pictures digitalized and I'm panicking. Any ideas what's going on?

Best Answer

Answers

• bmoe4guysandagirl
    edited February 11
    Options

The information you supplied is very helpful.

Thank you!

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

VirusTotal is a free online service that analyzes suspicious files and URLs to detect malware and other malicious content. It does this by using a variety of methods, including:

• Scanning the file or URL with multiple antivirus engines. VirusTotal uses over 70 different antivirus engines from around the world to scan each file or URL. This means that it is very likely to detect any known malware.
    • Checking the file or URL against a database of known malicious sites. VirusTotal maintains a database of millions of known malicious websites and URLs. If the file or URL you submit matches one of these entries, it is likely to be malicious.
    • Looking for suspicious behavior. VirusTotal can also look for suspicious behavior, such as trying to access sensitive files or processes. This can help to identify malware that is not yet known to antivirus engines.

Here are some of the things you can use VirusTotal for:

• Scan a file before you download it. If you are unsure whether a file is safe, you can upload it to VirusTotal to have it scanned.
    • Check a URL before you click on it. If you are unsure whether a URL is safe, you can submit it to VirusTotal to have it checked.
    • See what antivirus engines think of a file or URL. VirusTotal shows you the results of scans from all of the antivirus engines it uses. This can help you to get a better understanding of the risk posed by a file or URL.
    • Learn more about malware. VirusTotal provides information about the malware it detects, including its name, type, and how it works. This can help you to stay informed about the latest threats.

Upload files to VirusTotal:

1. Visit the VirusTotal website: https://www.virustotal.com/
    2. Click on the "File" tab.
    3. Click the "Choose file" button and select the file you want to upload.
    4. Click "Scan it!" to upload the file and start the analysis.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)