Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Regarding VPN

Options

I have purchased Ultimate Security. I also installed it on my IOS. But after installing it on my iPhone I have noticed that, 3 types of VPN has been created provided by Bitdefender. Now I am confused that which VPN should I use. Those are:

1. Bitdefender Mobile Security
  2. Bitdefender (Hydra)
  3. Bitdefender Mobile Security

Kindly help me to choose best one. I need full and best protection for my device.

Thank you.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited February 16 Answer ✓
    Options

While Bitdefender offers different VPN options on iOS, choosing the best one depends on your specific needs and priorities. Here's a breakdown to help you decide:

1. Bitdefender Mobile Security:

• This is the default VPN included with the Bitdefender Mobile Security app.
    • It uses the OpenVPN protocol, known for its strong security and reliability.
    • However, it comes with a 200 MB daily limit, which might not be enough for heavy data users.

2. Bitdefender (Hydra):

• This is a newer, proprietary protocol developed by Bitdefender.
    • It claims to offer faster speeds and more efficient data usage compared to OpenVPN.
    • However, it lacks obfuscation, which means some countries or networks might be able to detect and block it.
    • It doesn't currently offer full feature support compared to OpenVPN.

3. Bitdefender Premium VPN (with Unlimited VPN and Premium Support):

• This is a separate subscription that unlocks unlimited data for Bitdefender VPN on all your devices, including iOS.
    • It also offers full feature support and Premium Support.
    • It uses the OpenVPN protocol for strong security.

Recommendations:

• Best overall protection: Go for Bitdefender Premium VPN. It provides unlimited data, full feature support, and strong security with OpenVPN.
    • Focus on speed and data efficiency: Choose Bitdefender (Hydra) if you prioritize these aspects. However, be aware of the potential blocking risk and limited features.
    • Limited data usage: Stick with the default Bitdefender Mobile Security VPN only if you're sure 200 MB daily is enough for your needs.

Additional factors to consider:

• Your location: If you're in a country with strict VPN restrictions, OpenVPN (used by Bitdefender Mobile Security and Premium VPN) is generally more reliable.
    • Personal preferences: Try both Hydra and OpenVPN (assuming you have Premium VPN) to see which protocol offers better performance and stability for your specific usage.

If you need more information,Kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Based on your selected product and the type of issue you're facing, you can get in touch with a support representative through email, chat, or a phone call.

If you choose email, you will receive a ticket number on your registered email. The support team will reply within the next 24-48 hours, excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

Answers

• Nayeembd25
    Options

Hi there, Hope you are doing well. Thanks for making it clear to understand. Thank you so much for your answer.

Stay blessed.