Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How to hide my name?

Options
sam8988378
sam8988378 Can't place outgoing calls

I have an Android cell. I posted a printer on a Freecycle site, and a person responded with a phone number. I called it to arrange a dropoff site. He answered with "hello my first and last name". I have never used my real name online, and here is this stranger whose phone is displaying my real name and phone number. I said how did he get my name and hung up.

I don't usually call strangers, just medical personnel, friends, family. I can block called ID, but does this just block my number or number and name? My people might be less inclined to answer if they don't know it's me.

Is there any way Bit Defender can help with this? Is there a section on my Android phone where I can change the display name?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Caller ID and Display Name:

• Blocking your caller ID will typically hide both your phone number and your name when you make calls. However, this can vary depending on your carrier and phone settings.
    • If you enable caller ID blocking, it should prevent your name from being displayed to the recipient.

Changing Your Android Phone’s Display Name:

• You can change the display name of your Android phone by following these steps:Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the notification shade.
    • Tap the gear icon (Settings) to open the Settings menu.
    • Scroll down and select “About Phone.”
    • Look for the “Device Name” option and tap it.
    • Type in the new name for your Android phone or tablet and tap “OK” or “Save.”

Bitdefender Mobile Security:

• Bitdefender Mobile Security focuses on security features and doesn’t directly control your phone’s display name.
    • If you want to change the display name associated with your phone number, follow the steps mentioned above.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)