Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Alert mode is turning off when i access Riot Games or Steam.

Options
pregunton
pregunton Defender of the month

Hello, several days ago i started to notice that my connections were not filtered. No new prompt to allow connections either. I noticed that Alert Mode turned itself off. After a few days it keeps happening and i am sure League of Legends or Valorant are causing it. Maybe Steam is the culprit. Each time i turn on Alert Mode and open the game, it will just turn off Alert mode instantly. Did several things, non worked:

Did a software repair, no go

Uninstalled Bitdefender and reinstalled, no go

Reinstalled Steam, no go

I am on Bitdefender Total Security on Windows 11

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@pregunton ,

I wonder whether you have activated Automatic Profiles under "Utilities, Profiles, Settings?"

If so, please try disabling that option and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• pregunton
    edited March 7
    Options

@garioch7 its off, Everything is off there. Also i think is one of Riot Games, League of Legends or Valorant i am not sure anymore.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7
    Options

@pregunton ,

Do you have the latest version of BD: Version 27.0.30.140? There were some issues fixed with that update.

If you do have that update, perhaps @Alexandru_BD has some ideas about what is happening. He did post in this topic suggesting that such cases should be reported to Support:

It is night in Romania now, but he will be back with us tomorrow.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• pregunton
    edited March 7
    Options

Yeah i am on the latest version. I was checking the release date and probably after the update i am having these issues. I am almost sure is caused by Riot Games Client or their games, League of Legends or Valorant. I did another reset rules and avoided opening their games and it did not happen again. Still it should be investigated by Bitdefender.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @pregunton and welcome back in the Community!

I also suspected the Profiles being enabled, but if that's not the case, then I think the best way to find out what's going on there is to contact the Support teams for a more in-depth investigation, since this is a very specific scenario and they will ask for more information from the device and possibly some logs to set an accurate diagnosis. It's not something we can fix here, unfortunately.

You can get in touch with the Bitdefender engineers by choosing one of the contact channels listed here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

State your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes, I'm very curious to know what was causing this behavior in your case.

Thanks,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• pregunton
    edited March 9
    Options

Is not Riot Games as i suspected, it turned off by itself today after a while. I already reported the issues in the support chat, saw many new posts about this problem. BD is lacking response. If people can report it too so we can be more...

• technomad
    technomad Defender of the month ✭✭
    Options

It has started happening to me too. I also used Steam yesterday but that didn't cause it. Now I am checking both of my laptops, one Windows 10 (gaming) the other Windows 11, every morning for both alert mode and profile.

• Mathieul615
    Options

pregunton and technomad do you find a solution ? i have the same problem since the last update.

But its not when i use steam or game, its 20x per day ..

let me know if you find a solution please. Good luck.!

• pregunton
    Options

@technomad @Mathieul615 No go still waiting for an update. I dont know what is causing it but it happens to me 2 or 3 times a day and a bunch of windows or random processes are allowed to access the internet. I think ill start looking for a replacement. Thank god my year was almost up.

• Mathieul615
    Options

@pregunton

I've seen posts on the same topic from 2020 and 2022, I doubt that at the next update this will be fixed unfortunately. Thank you for taking the time to answer and good luck for the future!

• technomad
    Options

Got up this morning, switched on the laptop, alert mode was off, turned it on, checked a couple of hours later, it was off again.

• pregunton
    Options

@Mathieul615 @technomad I reported it a week ago you guys should do it through any of the support options Bitdefender has. They seem not to notice this forum.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

Check my comment here:

They know about this and I have also reported the behavior to the development and technical support teams.

Regards,

Alex

• HJK
    Options

I have the same problem. The alert mode turns off spontaneously after I turn it on.

• The vast majority of fullscreen apps will turn it off for some reason.

You can easily see that if you have a multi-monitor setup, open the BD window with the firewall settings visible, keep it on your non-primary screen and run a game, for example. You'll see the switch turning off when the game starts, sometimes it takes few seconds to do so or simply ALT+TABbing out of the game and back in.

This literally looks like the automatic profile behavior even though people have it disabled (including me), something just keeps touching this specific setting based on the users activity - in this case starting a game/fullscreen app.

• pregunton
    Options

Still no update. I know it takes time but even windows patch serious things up fast.

• technomad
    Options

I just tried it same here. I have two displays connected to my laptop and I've been watching YouTube videos daily lately for study in full screen on the d2. Just opened settings on d1, pressed f to go full screen and only after pressing k to start playing did I see the alert mode radio button switch off.

Hopefully this will make it easier to track down the bug.

• breadnbutter
    edited March 19
    Options

This same issue happens to me when launching a game on steam. I kept the Bitdefender UI open on on another monitor with the firewall settings screen open and watched the button disable itself. I set it back to on for alert mode, and it goes back to disabled. I also don't have the automatic profiles activated either. It does not matter if I run full screen or windowed. I also tried it with windows game mode settings off and on, it did not change any behavior. I am not happy that something other than me can change the settings that I want on my product. Come renewal time I will keep this in mind.

Update: I reinstalled bitdefender and the issue is still present.

• pregunton
    Options

Yeah is taking way long to fix. I decided to give it a couple of days more. I will be changing software soon.

• pregunton
    Options

I am done with support and Bitdefender. Hope is fixed for everyone else but this "bug" is taking too long and for many people who depend on it is mayor security risk.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

Check my last comment on this thread:

And let's try to keep this topic in a single place, as it becomes difficult to follow, especially if we revive older threads on a completely unrelated issue.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.