Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Chrome notification pop up with a virus scam

Options

visited a clean website and i clicked on a box to prove i am not a robot and before i know it im getting told to renew my macafee antivirus software etc and now i keep getting notifications spammed to me. I dont know how to make it stop asides from switching chrome notifications off whihc i dont want to do. i will attach a picture of the website address.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

Try the following steps:

1. Clear and reset your browser. Clearing stored data and resetting your browser might be enough to get rid of the fake McAfee virus pop-ups.
    2. Remove any suspicious extensions or apps manually.
    3. Run an antivirus scan to make sure everything is OK
    4. Enable an ad blocker. I recommend Ublock Origin to block ads, and also recommend using the Bitdefender Anti tracker extension, to stop tracking cookies.

To sum it up, a browser reset and removing unwanted extensions from it should be enough as these notifications and pop-ups are browser related, probably a browser hijacker or unwanted extension.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user