Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Do I need to install Bitdefender on my smart tv?

Options
DotnEd
edited March 14 in General Topics

I am concerned that my TV is connected to the internet. I search alot of online programs. Should I can I download the Bitdefender on my TV?

Thank you in advance

DotnEd

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @DotnEd,

Installing antivirus software on a smart TV is generally not necessary, in my humble opinion. Smart TVs typically run on operating systems like Android TV, WebOS, Tizen, or others, which usually have built-in security features to protect against malware and other online threats. However, this may depend on the model/make of your smart TV and specifications.

Should you need additional protection for your router and smart TV, have a look at what Netgear Armor (powered by Bitdefender) has to offer:

https://www.netgear.com/home/services/armor/

These top-shelf routers come with advanced multi-layer cybersecurity solution that protects not only your network but individual devices as well, such as your smart TV.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

To add here, since I am using an Android Smart TV, you can only install Bitdefender VPN on it. Although it works well in the web browser, if you use any OTT (over-the-top) apps, you may have to disconnect the VPN. If you need antivirus software out of curiosity on your Android TV, you can either install ESET or Dr.Web from the Play Store.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)