Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Full system scan

Options

I've read some who mention their full system scan s take up to 5 hours. I'm jealous. I'm going on 88 hours!

I do a quick scan and a vulnerability scan every day. My computer has slowed considerably since I installed the 2024 version. I had the 2023 version and loved it. Have mixed feelings about buying next year's version.

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

The speed of a System Scan depends on many factors such as system specifications, large volumes of data, the computer resources in use by another software, if it’s the first scan since installing Bitdefender, and most importantly, the number of archives & over-compressed files/backups. With every system scan, Bitdefender will index the files that have already been scanned, and the scan time will greatly decrease.

To speed up a System Scan, if system resources are not a concern, the following solution may be considered: run the scan in high priority mode. This will instruct Bitdefender to compete for system resources on equal terms to other programs and decrease the time needed for the scan process to finish.

1. Click the Protection menu on the left side of the Bitdefender interface.
    2. In the Antivirus panel, click Open.
    3. Click the ••• button next to System Scan, then choose Edit.
    4. In the Manage Scans window, use the drop-down menu to change Scan task priority from Low to High.
    5. Click Next, then click Save.
    6. Press Run Scan and wait for the system scan to end.

After making the above changes, you should notice that the Bitdefender scan is no longer taking an unreasonable amount of time to finalize.

In the past, Bitdefender had indeed yearly releases and the product was advertised with its annual versions. Since 2021, the annual version of the products in the portfolio was removed, however, this doesn't mean that the product version stays the same. Continuous updates are being frequently released and the users will always benefit from the latest version of Bitdefender, as soon as the updates arrive on their machines.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mixed review ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forum.

88 hours is NOT normal for a Full System Scan. Since we know nothing about your computer, it would help if we knew the make and model, processor, memory, and drive size, including free space, as well as which OS (Windows or iOS) that you are running.

I am guessing that the scan is hung. I have a Windows 11 computer, an Intel i7 processor, 32 GB of RAM, and a 1 TB SSD. Bitdefender does a full system scan of the 180 GB of programs and data in about 30 minutes.

You could try a Repair Install to see if your Bitdefender (which product?) has become corrupted.

Please provide more information so that we can help you to determine the cause of the issue and resolve it.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor