Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Thunderbird - Bitdefender makes sending mail impossible

Options

Hello!

A couple of days ago I agreed to a wider range of Bitdefender's protection measures on my MacBookPro. Since then I have not been able to send mails using Thunderbird.

I took my Mac out of the list of devices protected by Bitdefender - et voila: My mail was sent instantly.

What do I have to fine-tune in Bitdefender so I can protect my laptop and still send mails?

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance!

Comments

• chrismonti
    Options

1. Check Firewall Settings:
      Start by reviewing Bitdefender's firewall settings to ensure that Thunderbird is allowed to communicate over the network. Sometimes, security software can block certain applications from accessing the internet. Look for Thunderbird in the list of applications and make sure it is allowed to send and receive data.
    2. Disable Email Scanning:
      Bitdefender may be scanning outgoing emails, which can sometimes interfere with the sending process. Try disabling email scanning temporarily to see if it resolves the issue. This option is often found within the antivirus settings or email protection settings in Bitdefender.
    3. Whitelist Thunderbird:
      Another approach is to whitelist Thunderbird within Bitdefender. Whitelisting ensures that the antivirus software does not interfere with Thunderbird's operations. You can usually find the option to whitelist applications in Bitdefender's settings or exclusions section.