Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

App lock acts strange with certain applications and randomly stops working

Options

App lock acts strange with my social media and banking app. App lock will launch normally then have a separate app lock pop up over it, changing the app logo that I'm trying to open to a generic android logo. I can minimize the app and then re open it from the background apps tray and app lock will then act as it normally should.

In addition to this, app lock will randomly stop working for all apps and only work again when I completely shut down and restart my device.

I've un-installed and reinstalled bitdefender, and also factory reset my device. After the reset, it seemed like it was working fine but now is back to the way it was.

I'm worried my device has some kind of malware because of this. Any help or info is appreciated

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Select, Activate and InstallInstallI don't knowContact Support→You will get the option of chatcall or email.

Also, @agozob can provide some insights here.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• LaserMouse33
    edited May 6
    Options

I did a screen recording to see what was popping up after the bitdefender applock pops up. Its a black box that says "this application is locked with {company_name} app lock."

I've reached out to bit defender support and they escalated the situation.

Oddly enough after posting this, the app lock for my banking app has started to function normally. Which gives me an uneasy feeling that someone is watching my phone activity.

• It looks like the black box with that text happens with other applications as well. But there is still something that opens after the bitdefender app lock opens that is messing with it, I cannot see what it is though

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

I noticed you have a ticket raised with the Support teams and they will get back to you shortly. I think they may require a screen recording to further investigate, which you may upload on the case.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user