Bitdefender is Scanning My Downloads Folder Every Time I Try To Access It

Like the title of this post says, every time I try to access my downloads folder, Bitdefender tries to scan every file inside. This can cause my Downloads folder to take more than 5 minutes to load! Here are some screenshots of what's happening:

http://u.cubeupload.com/Buzzed_Lightyear/BEFOREopeningDownloa.png

http://u.cubeupload.com/Buzzed_Lightyear/DURINGopeningFE.png

http://u.cubeupload.com/Buzzed_Lightyear/DURINGopeningRM.png

As you can see, before I open the Downloads folder, nothing is really utilizing the CPU. Then, as soon as I click "Downloads" in the File Explorer, my CPU jumps to around 25% with Bitdefender being responsible for the resource hog! And then it's just a 5 minute waiting period just to get to my Downloads folder! So what gives? How do I fix this? 

Comments

• Hi,

We need some logs to further investigate this situation. Please generate a Support tool log and send it at bitsy@bitdefender.com:

-Open Windows Explorer

-Navigate to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security

-Run as administrator supporttool.exe

-Select the issue category and add a description

-Now press on Try to reproduce the issue, reboot your PC , then reproduce the behavior

-Click on Finish and generate the Support tool log

Note: the log will be created on the Desktop of the Administrator of the computer

• On 9/30/2019 at 6:57 AM, Roxana G said:

Hi,

We need some logs to further investigate this situation. Please generate a Support tool log and send it at bitsy@bitdefender.com:

-Open Windows Explorer

-Navigate to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security

-Run as administrator supporttool.exe

-Select the issue category and add a description

-Now press on Try to reproduce the issue, reboot your PC , then reproduce the behavior

-Click on Finish and generate the Support tool log

Note: the log will be created on the Desktop of the Administrator of the computer

I have sent the information. It can be downloaded from the Dropbox link. Please inform me as to what I should do next. Thank you.

• 13 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I have sent the information. It can be downloaded from the Dropbox link. Please inform me as to what I should do next. Thank you.

Hi,

Please provide us the ticket number.

• 13 hours ago, Roxana G said:

Hi,

Please provide us the ticket number.

Funny thing. I didn't get an automated reply. Are you sure "bitsy@bitdefender.com" is the correct email address I should have sent it to? Having contacted customer support for years, I've literally never seen that address until now. Usually it's "bdsupport@tickets.bitdefender.com". I can try resending the email if you'd like. 

• 11 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Funny thing. I didn't get an automated reply. Are you sure "bitsy@bitdefender.com" is the correct email address I should have sent it to? Having contacted customer support for years, I've literally never seen that address until now. Usually it's "bdsupport@tickets.bitdefender.com". I can try resending the email if you'd like. 

Hello,

Yes, the email address bitsy@bitdefender.com is correct. Please try again to open the ticket.

• On 10/10/2019 at 7:15 AM, Roxana G said:

Hello,

Yes, the email address bitsy@bitdefender.com is correct. Please try again to open the ticket.

I have resent the email.

• On 10/15/2019 at 10:02 AM, Captain Obvious said:

I have resent the email.

Hi,

As mentioned before, please provide us the ticket number.

• On 10/16/2019 at 7:32 AM, Roxana G said:

Hi,

As mentioned before, please provide us the ticket number.

It seems like the Bitdefender support team has combined the email I sent with another open ticket that I have with Bitdefender. I found the message that I sent attached to ticket #2019092903570002.

• On 10/18/2019 at 6:06 AM, Captain Obvious said:

It seems like the Bitdefender support team has combined the email I sent with another open ticket that I have with Bitdefender. I found the message that I sent attached to ticket #2019092903570002.

Hello,

We will contact you via email on the mentioned ticket.