Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

New features for Bitdefender VPN : Block or Allow? You decide!

Options
Mike_BD
Mike_BD admin
edited December 2021 in VPN

Dear Community Members,

We’ve added two new features to your VPN to protect your anonymity and visibly improve your online experience when browsing on your mobile devices. 

Ad blocker removes ads, banners, pop-ups and video ads from your favorite websites. Blocking intrusive ads reduces the risk of adware and malware and helps you stay focused, save bandwidth and reclaim your entire screen for relevant content only.

With Anti-tracker you can block advertisers from collecting and sharing data about you and your online activities. You’ll be invisible to the trackers that gather your data (device type, location, web queries, shopping preferences and the such) and slowing down your device. 

For each of the new features, you can make exceptions by adding the URLs of specific domains to the whitelist. And that’s because some websites might not load properly if you block their tracker code and ads. Just keep in mind that, while browsing on these websites, you will see ads and their tracker code will be active.

Stay safe and anonymous,

Bitdefender VPN team 

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

Comments

• How noice. now take your VPN and shove it where the sun doesn't shine, in hard copy, so you feel the pain of those who can't get rid of it. Don't want it, never asked for it to be forcibly installed on our Win10 Computers, or others.

• Mike_BD
    Options

Hi @Eleni33 and welcome to our Community!

Many of our users appreciate the presence of Bitdefender VPN included in the Total Security suite..where the sun does shine 😊.

You can disable autostart if you don't want it running along with the antivirus, by going in Settings --> Autostart.

Have a great 2022!

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Where exactly in settings is this? I can't find an autostart option in either the VPN app or the main app. I've already disabled "Startup" under autoconnect, but that just doesn't connect the VPN, doesn't start the app from running. I've been having to manually disable this thing I never asked for and will never use every time I start my computer, since if I leave it running my system randomly crashes.