Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Virtual keyboard fonts way too small.

Sirtravelalot
edited March 2023 in Privacy

Answers

• Strange, for me, the font used is large enough.

Maybe I use a 27 -inch display.

I suspect that on a smaller diplay, the font display is proportional to it.

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

You can't customize the virtual keyboard in Safepay.

But, you can suggest an option for customizing the font size in the virtual keyboard here:

Regards.

• Hello @Sirtravelalot,

You can try to increase or decrease the browser size by pressing simultaneously Ctrl and the +/ keys in the numeric keypad. Check if this increases the keyboard size as well.

While using Safepay, even if you are typing on the traditional keyboard, malicious keyloggers can’t record what you type. The virtual keyboard is mostly designed for privacy when you are typing from public places, where prying eyes might read your keystrokes when using the traditional keyboard.

I think it really depends on the size of your display/PC monitor, but the concept behind the virtual keyboard is to keep a low profile while typing sensitive data, therefore making it bigger than it is defies its stealth purpose.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Geo.
    Geo. ✭✭✭

I too have difficulty using the virtual keyboard because of its size. I appreciate that keeping it small makes it difficult for prying eyes to see but not so good if the user can't see it either. 🙂 A function whereby the user could increase the size as is needed or would be safe to do so would be very helpful.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited February 2023

I agree with the ability to increase the keyboard size, with the user understanding that in a public place, if it were too big, it could be more easily seen by someone looking over the shoulder.

Now, in my case, when I bought a Surface 5 laptop, the screen is a 3:2 aspect ratio compared to a widescreen type of laptop. It works great for everyday surfing, reading text, webpage articles etc., with the bonus feature being that the Safepay keyboard loads in a size we would all want the ability to be able to choose. It's fairly easy to use finger touch (in my case) to type. I just thought I'd tease you all with that one :)

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Geo.
    Geo. ✭✭✭

Just discovered that when using the virtual keyboard, I can increase its size by holding down the windows key and hitting '+' on the numeral pad. (Size can be adjusted up by percentage required)

• Scott

Very creative. Is that only increasing the size of the keyboard, or the whole page, as in Windows Magnifier?

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Geo.
    Geo. ✭✭✭

It increases the whole size of the page by the percentage set. (not a problem for me as I only use the virtual keyboard as an added precaution when entering passwords)

• Scott
    edited February 2023

Nice workaround, Geo :)

edit: and just a reminder for whoever reads this thread, the keyboard can be grabbed and moved with your mouse cursor or grabbing it on a touchscreen, to get it lower on your screen to make it a bit easier to see.

• Hahaha @Geo. hacked the virtual keyboard 😂

Good workaround, thanks for sharing! 👍️

• virtual keyboard V2.0

• Scott