BD Total Security: Full System Scan Log - None Of The 'Drop Down' Functions Work. Any Help?

Geo.
Geo. ✭✭✭

After a full system scan 6 resolved issues were indicated at the end of scan.

When I access the scan log none of the 'drop down' functions work and so no information on the scan is available. What can be the cause of this?

Comments

• Hello @Geo.

Can you post a screenshot displaying this, so we can better understand what's happening there? Thanks

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Geo.
    Geo. ✭✭✭

This is a screenshot of the log. The actual scan said there were 6 'resolved issues'. None of the drop down's on the scan log work. Click on them and nothing happens.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited February 2023

I see.

Try the repair steps from this article, then run another system scan and let us know if the issue persists:

If this doesn't solve it, then it's a task for the Support engineers and you can reach them using the link below:

Regards.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Before reaching Bitdefender Consumer Support, you could do the steps below.

Uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been solved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

• Geo.
    Geo. ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

Thanks for the suggestions.

I uninstalled Bitdefender and re-installed. Then did a 'Quick scan' but again the same problem.

I have contacted 'support'.

• I did a test on my device and all fields are collapsible, so it's definitely something local and not a bug:

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

Agree; I also checked it out on my end last night. All categories expanded from the drop-down arrows.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Thanks @Scott !

Alright, @Geo. I've located your open case and saw your latest message, kindly wait for the engineers to provide further instructions.

Regards

• Geo.
    Geo. ✭✭✭

Sent description of problem and screenshot to support but no answer yet.

• @Geo. I can see that the engineers replied to you on the open case on February 17th. If you haven't received their message, check the spam/junk folders as well, because in some cases it can happen that the emails end up there.

The Support engineers have requested a Support Tool log, as described below:

How to generate a Support Tool Log:

Please make sure that you use the TRY TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE option as per the indications.

If you don't have Bitdefender installed, you can download the Support Tool Log from the following location: https://bitdefender.com/diagnostic

Once the logs are available, kindly follow the steps from the agent's email to upload them on our file sharing platform. It's the fastest and safest way to make sure they get them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

• Geo.
    Geo. ✭✭✭

Had a lengthy Teams_windows session with support but unfortunately no luck with a reolution. Support advise they will contact again after further investigation. It must be a 'local' problem but can't think what can be causing it. All other functions seem to be ok. 😕

• Hi @Geo.

Thanks for following up here. I'm sorry to hear that, it appears they couldn't get to the bottom of it just yet, but I've noticed they will continue to investigate the situation and get back to you with their findings. The case has been further escalated to Tier 3 technical, so it's definitely something more challenging to resolve than we anticipated.

Regards

• Geo.
    Geo. ✭✭✭

Today I booted in 'Safe Mode' to see if the 'view log' drop downs from previous scans listed in BD's 'Information' would then work. Problem is Bitdefender won't open when in Safe Mode. I tried booting Safe Mode in 'Minimal' and also in 'Network'. I could access the internet with the latter but BD would still not connect and open.

When in Safe Modes I tried opening BD by clicking on its tray icon and also by clicking its 'exe' file in the program folder.

Any obvious reason why it won't open when the pc is in Safe Mode?

• Hi @Geo.

In 'Safe Mode', only essential programs and processes for windows may run, third party apps do not run by design.

That's just how windows is.

Regards

• Geo.
    Geo. ✭✭✭

Hi,

If I click on them I can run all the other programs I have on my pc when in Safe Mode... except BD.

Just get a message on the lines of 'unable to communicate, click retry'

• Scott

@Geo.

Bitdefender doesn't load all its services in Safe Mode, it's been this way for years.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Geo.
    Geo. ✭✭✭

OK. Thanks. Looks like a backup AV could be useful then if doing anything online in Safe mode.

• Scott
    edited March 2023

Yes, maybe something like Emsisoft Emergency Kit in Safe mode with networking would work. It's totally on-demand, and doesn't even install in Program Files, but on C: Folder, so there's no uninstall, just delete the folder if and when wanted. I run a Quick Scan and Malware scan once in a while, in normal Windows mode. Hasn't found anything, yet.

If it finds something, I'm not sure if it just quarantines it and doesn't disinfect etc. I'm still new to it.

• Geo.
    Geo. ✭✭✭

Thanks, looks interesting but unfortunately it won't run on Windows 8.1 (need 10 or later) 😕