Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

No Mac Updates in around 48 hours

Options

Running Bitdefender for Mac version 9.3.1.12. When I open the UI and check the notifications, typically will see "Update completed successfully" at least once a day, sometimes multiple times per day. But the last update was near 48 hours ago. When I go to the actions menu and select "Update threat information database" it says product is up to date. Is it unusual for it to go so long without an update?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @BK3121,

Bitdefender needs to be updated daily, and it frequently updates its signatures multiple times within a day. However, when it comes to product updates that involve changing the version number, they occur less frequently, typically once every 4 weeks. These updates are important for improving product performance, adding new features, and enhancing security. If the product displays it's up to date, most likely there aren't any new updates. In the event an update is unsuccessful, usually this will return an error message. If Bitdefender still can’t update even after a 24h wait, navigate to your error code using the menu on the left of this page and follow the recommended troubleshooting steps:

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello everyone and thank you very much for your input here.

After a brief investigation, we concluded that there were no interface problems, however there was indeed an interval when no new files entered the signature update site. Normally, there should be at least one signature update every day.

A temporary issue was identified following your reports where uploading the updates on the respective location didn't happen as usual and that's why time has passed without any updates. Things are back to normal now.

Once again, thank you all for your feedback. 👍️

Answers

• Pleonasm
    Options

I have also noticed the absence of any update to Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac (9.3.1.12 on macOS 13.5.2) over the past four days (since September 12th), with no errors reported in the Notifications window. Typically, I see two updates per day - but, this is no longer occurring.

@Alexandru_BD, has Bitdefender not issued updates to Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac over the past few days?

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options

@Pleonasm

Since Alexandru won't be in until Monday morning, if you wanted to, you could reach out to support and see what they have to say.

Go through the How To's & Troubleshooting prompts until reach the black Contact Support box. You will have three options, Chat, email and phone support, which is not toll-free. Chat can be the quickest way to get things started and maybe find out what's going on.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Pleonasm
    Options

The threat information database was automatically and successfully updated this morning on my iMac (M1, macOS 13.5.2), after a period of six days with no updates received.

I remain curious: is it the case that Bitdefender did not in fact issue updates to the threat information database for Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac (9.3.1.12) for this extended period (September 12-18)? If so, was there a reason for this lapse? (Thank you.)

• BK3121
    Options

Also confirming that the threat definition db was (finally) updated for me today. It is worth nothing that after my original post on 9/14 I tried uninstalling and reinstalling AV for Mac to see if that would fix the issue. The re-installation did trigger an update once, but beyond the initial post-install update, it did not self-update again until today. Since the issue was apparently *not* the ability of the client to contact the update server, I suspect the issue was on the update server side. I will probably recommend to BD support that the condition of a database not updated in +24 hours should issue a warning notification to the end-user (I believe that's how the Windows version works). I will mark Alexandru's response as the answer. Thanks

• sleepdoc
    Options

I found this during a search for a problem that I am seeing right now. No database updates in 60 hours, after occurring about twice per day since my initial install two weeks ago. Am able to manually ask it to update the database, but am told it is up to date. Perhaps this is so, but it is odd indeed.

• I haven't got any database updates on my Mac Mini M1 for four days (!) now. When starting the update manually with cmd + U, BitDefender tells me it's "up to date". Usually I get several updates each and every day. On my older Intel Mac I still get regular updates. Maybe there's an issue with updating Macs with Apple Silicon? I'm running macOS Ventura 13.6.1.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

As far as I know, for Intel it is usually updated every hour. At Apple Silicon, less than an hour, but one per day still exists. There was indeed an isolated issue where updates were not available in the past 4 days, but this has been resolved now.

Regards.

• Pleonasm
    Options

@Alexandru_BD, I noticed that Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac was updated today from version 9.4.0.8 to 9.4.1.4 on my iMac (M1, macOS 14.1.1.). Does version 9.4.1.4 specifically contain a fix that solves the problem of the threat information database not being updated in a timely manner, so that the likelihood of this problem occurring again is reduced?

Thank you.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Pleonasm and welcome back here. 🙂

Version 9.4.1.4 includes the latest bug fixes and performance improvements, however, the changelog does not reflect any threat information database changes, specifically. But I think the developers addressed this as well.

Regards