Who wants to use Bitdefender Premium VPN services on Apple TV?

I recently switched from an Android based mediacenter (Nvidia Shield TV) to the recent Apple TV 4K 2022 model.

Because I'd like to view films and series which are not available in my region I'd like to use the Bitdefender Premium VPN services on my Apple TV as I used it on my Shield TV before.

Unfortunately the BD-VPN app is not available in the Apple TV appstore.

When will this option be available?

2 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Currently under review. The app could become available in Q4 2024.

Comments

• Thanks in advance for voting!

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH mod

Voted "Yes". 🙂

• Hi,

To give you a small insight here, I can tell you that the VPN development teams are considering this and the project is on the roadmap, however we cannot provide a concrete deadline for implementation at this time.

Thanks for posting your suggestion and for voting this idea.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• BitDefender VPN for Apple TV is missing badly. I’m about to renew my contract - but now without Apple TV support.

• Es necesario VPN en Apple TV y a mi me gustaría también tenerlo, sería un buen reclamo para más clientes.

• YES PLEASE

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited June 4

Hi,

Considering the interest shown for this idea, I moved the topic to the section dedicated to product features and suggestions coming from Bitdefender users. As previously confirmed above, the app is being considered by the developers and we estimate it could become available in Q4, probably towards the end of the year, but I cannot say for sure.

Thank you for your patience.

• Thinking of switching to Bitdefender VPN, not having Apple TV app is a missing feature.

• Well, I would say go for it and see how it works for you. I think there will be an app for Apple TV in the near future.

• Great to hear this is being considered. Looking forward to it. Just subscribed to Bitdefender VPN and want to use on the  TV.

• In July 2024, I looked for Bitdefender VPN in the App Store of my App TV and was surprised that it wasn't available. I saw 30 other VPN from competitors available in the App Store of Apple TV. I am hopeful that it will be a new product feature available for Apple TV soon.