Bitdefender 2011 Internet Security Doesn't Start Every Time

Hi,

I have installed Bitdefender 2011 Internet Security. Everything works fine...when it works.

After restarting Win7 Ultimate (x64), one in two times, BD icon stays grey and if I dbl click on it, it says that no account created and 0 days of expiration time...no services running

However, if I restart the PC, it may work OK.

Here is a picture

BITDEFENDER%20ERROR.jpg

Thanks

Val

Comments

• Unknown
    edited August 2010

Hi Val,

Please provide me with a screenshot of the Registration tab.

Regards,

• Hi Val,

Please provide me with a screenshot of the Registration tab.

Regards,

Here are the screenshots:

1. The Registration tab when BD works fine

registr1.jpg

2. After restarting, the Registration tab when BD doesn't work:

registr2.jpg

3. After a few seconds with the Registration tab open I get this message:

registr3.jpg

Thanks,

• Hello,

In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering we would like you to follow the steps below:

1. First please unplug the internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adapter if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload HERE the created file.

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering.

We will analyze the information you sent and then reply via email with a possible solution.

• Hello,

In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering we would like you to follow the steps below:

1. First please unplug the internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adapter if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload HERE the created file.

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering.

We will analyze the information you sent and then reply via email with a possible solution.

DONE

I did the procedure as BD was in a faulty state.

I hope you'll find the bug.

Regards,

Val

• To present you the exact behavior, if the BD works fine, next time I restart it BD will not work. And if it is not working after restart it will work... This behavior is constant!

Regards,

Val

• I have sent the file download link to support@bitdefender.com

If you need the link to to be sent to another email, let me know the new email.

Val

• Hello,

When you get the message from the screenshot (No account created) please open Task Manager and check to see if the following two processes are loaded:

- vsserv.exe

- seccenter.exe

- bdagent.exe

Last but not least please provide me with the email you used to send the log files to us so I can start the analysis.

Regards,

• Hello,

When you get the message from the screenshot (No account created) please open Task Manager and check to see if the following two processes are loaded:

- vsserv.exe

- seccenter.exe

- bdagent.exe

Last but not least please provide me with the email you used to send the log files to us so I can start the analysis.

Regards,

I've sent you the file using the following email: vpartenie[at]gmail.com

• There is no new ticket from email:vpartenie@gmail.com

Please upload the log file HERE then send me a PM with the download link along with the information requested in the previous post.

Regards,

• Hello,

I have received the file, thank you. Please check your email for additional information.

Regards,